3M film question

Can you get 3M from different distributors other than 3m themselves? I'm asking because a shop a couple stores down from me ordered 3m from a different distributor and the film has no 3m marks on it, from what I've heard, they all have that little logo on the film. I've done some 3m redos and they have had it, but I haven't worked with it in my life so I'm just curious. 

Can you get 3M from different distributors other than 3m themselves? I'm asking because a shop a couple stores down from me ordered 3m from a different distributor and the film has no 3m marks on it, from what I've heard, they all have that little logo on the film. I've done some 3m redos and they have had it, but I haven't worked with it in my life so I'm just curious. 

Only there colorstable and crystalline have the logos, they have a HP line which is the bottom line and the FX premium is the next one up. As far as a dealer you can go on the 3M site and type in your area and if that shop is a dealer then they would be on it

1 minute ago, Tintmaster08 said:

Only there colorstable and crystalline have the logos, they have a HP line which is the bottom line and the FX premium is the next one up. As far as a dealer you can go on the 3M site and type in your area and if that shop is a dealer then they would be on it

OK thank you! 

3 hours ago, DynamicATL said:

Just to add about the distributor, 3M does not ship the dealers the film, they use distributors to handle it.  So you would have to become a 3M dealer through 3M to get access to the window film.  The distributor works hand-in-hand with 3M and would not sell the film to non-dealers.

OK that makes sense, thanks for clarifying that.