Greasy film on defroster lines ???

28 minutes ago, redgar826 said:

SOS pads for rear windows/defrosters. They would work just as well for any window that has a greasy film. A blue scotch pad would work as well I’m sure. 

Thanks blue pad didnt work well twice with sprayway ....still greasy 409 maybe denatured alchohol????

10 hours ago, quality tintz said:

Thanks blue pad didnt work well twice with sprayway ....still greasy 409 maybe denatured alchohol????

Then Sprayway isn't strong enough, it's a gentle cleaner. I use 409 when there's a problem that a good squirt of Dawn 4X in a spray bottle can't clean, but have been using 409 on the rear glass lately, or both one right after the other. I use mostly the Dawn 4X Platinum to clean. Sprayway is good, but if you read the safety sheet on it, it's just alcohol and butane so be careful about breathing it and getting it on your hands (not a serious threat). You'd be better off using Dawn 4X with a shot of alcohol in it, would be a better cleaner than Sprayway except it doesn't foam (they sell foaming sprayers). 409 is actually more specific to the cleaning you want to do than Sprayway. Sprayway is designed to be gentle, but, it's really just foaming alcohol, it has no silicates or no acidic component (needs certain acidic component to be called a soap).  What i'm getting at is Sprayway is not a soap and won't clean as well as Dawn 4X or 409. It's not your scrubby, you need a better cleaner, Sprayway is too gentle of a cleaner for your defroster task. Sprayway is better for clean up when your done with the job. My 2 cents on it.

Edited by Tint Slayer

9 hours ago, quality tintz said:

50 50 mix how do u mix it

About 1/4 alcohol the rest water in a spray bottle. Haven’t used glass cleaners in years. This solution cleans soap residue after an install with no effort and quick. 

5 hours ago, drtint said:

About 1/4 alcohol the rest water in a spray bottle. Haven’t used glass cleaners in years. This solution cleans soap residue after an install with no effort and quick. 

I’ve been using 1/4 alcohol and rest cheap windshield washer fluid for glass cleaner since I started. Cleans car up nice after install, and it’s cheap!

we’ve always called it Blue Juice.

Edited by Super Dave
Add