How to scan your own tint patterns on scanner

10 minutes ago, Only1mando said:

Hello, I just wanted to share my new video. I just want to see if I should voice over it or if most people get it with out the voice over? Any feed back would be great but at the beginning of video I’m just preparing film to be scanned so that it won’t jam and you get the best quality for image.

1- They sell sheets of 24x36 bond paper so you can use that to make the same sized white background every time with less cleanup. They also sell 24" and 36" rolls of paper so you can do the back glass, i think some scanners can do over 6 foot long scans.

2- When you're selecting all those little handle points, can you make a window with the cursor to select a bunch at once? Try a backwards window or try hold down ALT or SHIFT or CTRL button when you do the window over the handles.

3- What software are you using to edit?

Looks good man, i was also thinking about this for a while now, i was going to take the clear liner and go over the edges with a sharpie to define the edging before scanning. You got something good going on here.

Thanks man, I appreciate the reply. I was actually thinking the same thing with bigger sheets. Just need to find where they sell it, but ill look around. That is actually a great idea. I have tried qtr windows removing the liner and sticking it on regular printing paper and it turned out to be the best scan. So if you can get bigger paper and stick the tint on it you can get the best scan of the image. Yeah, I should be able to select more but I got lazy. I am using Adobe Illustrator. I actually also have a different way of scanning too, and I just need to finish the videos, but I will upload as soon as I can. I will show you how I do the sides windows a different way, and I will also show how to do the back window too. Thanks for the feed back.

Edited by Only1mando

29 minutes ago, Only1mando said:

Thanks man, I appreciate the reply. I was actually thinking the same thing with bigger sheets. Just need to find where they sell it, but ill look around. That is actually a great idea. I have tried qtr windows removing the liner and sticking it on regular printing paper and it turned out to be the best scan. So if you can get bigger paper and stick the tint on it you can get the best scan of the image. Yeah, I should be able to select more but I got lazy. I am using Adobe Illustrator. I actually also have a different way of scanning too, and I just need to finish the videos, but I will upload as soon as I can. I will show you how I do the sides windows a different way, and I will also show how to do the back window too. Thanks for the feed back.

I got the paper from Dataprint dot com, i've also seen them on Amazon, i also do solid modeling and drawings of complex steel structures so i used to have a plotter and paper mostly 24x36 and a lot of scanning to make all the paper into pdf's, nowadays it's all emailing pdf's and minimal paper. Maybe add a quarter window onto a sheet with a side window to save scans. Looking forward to seeing more!
http://www.dataprint.com/store/c-229-20lb-inkjet-bond-paper.aspx 

1 minute ago, Tint Slayer said:

I got the paper from Dataprint dot com, i've also seen them on Amazon, i also do solid modeling and drawings of complex steel structures so i used to have a plotter and paper mostly 24x36 and a lot of scanning to make all the paper into pdf's, nowadays it's all emailing pdf's and minimal paper. Maybe add a quarter window onto a sheet with a side window to save scans. Looking forward to seeing more!
http://www.dataprint.com/store/c-229-20lb-inkjet-bond-paper.aspx 

Awesome, thanks for the support. If you do any scans by yourself, I would like to encourage you to upload to www.windowtintandkits.com from there you can share for free or sell. You will have to register to become a vendor. If you upload here, we can rate and comment on the patterns.

1 minute ago, quality tintz said:

Custom patterns i like this!

Cool!!! If you would like to try a few that I have already made go to https://www.windowtintandkits.com/product-category/window-tint-patterns/ I have 4 and im working on two more. If you don't like them, you can rate and let everyone know how much you liked them or if they stink you can let them know too.