Dry application of PPF

Dear TintDude forum users,

Can You share if You have any experience of application PPF completely without slip solution? I have a client asking for applying PPF in interior and obviously I do not want to wet the interior of this expensive car (Merc E AMG). I know some companies apply PPF in interior as a wet application but I definitely want to avoid that. 

I told my client that the application might not be perfect because of it and he accepts, of course there shouldn’t be any very bad parts. Still any feedback from You will be very appreciated. I made a quick trial using some scraps of Xpel Ultimate I had lying around and only big issue I saw were the marks on the film looking like lines from squeege. I tried very hard to get it on the picture but could not capture those. I think however that thore are the same as in this post:

I start a new topic and not write in this thread as I think my question is a bit different with having to install the material dry only. So any dry application tips will be appreciated!

Thanks!

Simon

Dry is not a good way to install PPF for anything, I would suggest using a tiny bit of slip sol at least mist it on or whatever, you need some moisture.  Also you can wrap your squeegy in a MF towel or a paper towel and slowly press the PPF down which should allow it to slide across the PPF without marking it up.

Josh

I do a dry application on thin (maybe 15-20 mm max) pieces. I have also fitted ppf to the sat nav screen on an Audi...once... it buggered the screen up and cost the customer £1800 for a replacement. Fortunately he took the hit as I had pre warned him and he watched me install with minimal water.  Amazingly this was on a convertible and it makes you wonder what would happen if it got caught in a rainstorm with the roof down. Personally the risk vs reward is too great, there is so much to potentially go wrong there, unless you get the dealership to remove the trims for you. 

Steve