Llumar PPF Question

What's up pros, quick question:

I have installed a few different films over the years with various results, but the other day I installed Llumar for the first time and it was hands down the best film I've had my hands on. After doing a job with 3M the day before, it was night and day. 

I'm primarily a tinter but I'm trying to increase my presence in the PPF market and I'm curious if there are other films you all have used that perform like the Llumar product or if I should just hitch my wagon to them? I know a lot of it is personal preference but I could use that film every day and be a happy camper.

Thanks for your input!

None of the films on today's market are difficult to install if you focus on getting your ppf skillset nailed down.  You'll find that the better you get, the less of a difference you find between products.  You'll just tweak your methods and solutions slightly.

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you'd like a sample of XPEL film or software, or look into one of our advanced training classes.

I respectfully agree and disagree with Jeff....

Yes you have to improve your skills and tweak you skills no matter what film you use.  

I have used multiple different films and consider myself a good installer and some are more difficult to install then other due to variations of adhesive being more or less aggressive as well as some films being able to stretch better then others.  

I would not want to have to learn and tweak my skills based on what brand of film I'm using.  Imagine doing 3 installs with 3 different brands and having to do them each slightly differently....  I say find the film you like the best and use it all the time.  You'll be a better installer and your installs will come out more clean with less flaws.

You don't need to offer multiple brands to your clients, just explain to them why you use one over another and what the pro's and con's are of each brand.  

Edited by JoshVette

5 hours ago, JoshVette said:

I respectfully agree and disagree with Jeff....

Yes you have to improve your skills and tweak you skills no matter what film you use.  

I have used multiple different films and consider myself a good installer and some are more difficult to install then other due to variations of adhesive being more or less aggressive as well as some films being able to stretch better then others.  

I would not want to have to learn and tweak my skills based on what brand of film I'm using.  Imagine doing 3 installs with 3 different brands and having to do them each slightly differently....  I say find the film you like the best and use it all the time.  You'll be a better installer and your installs will come out more clean with less flaws.

You don't need to offer multiple brands to your clients, just explain to them why you use one over another and what the pro's and con's are of each brand.  

You and I agree that installers should focus on a single brand.  I’m just of the opinion (and that’s all it is, an opinion) that an installer should be able to install any product with relative ease so that it doesn’t effect their ability to offer their customers what is best for the consumer (which is not always the product that's easiest to install). 

Also, what is best for an installer’s business may be the total value offering that a film company provides, not just the product.  Referrals, training, marketing, protection, software, etc.