New Shop on the Block; MIA

My bros and I have been tinting as a hobby for some time (friends and family). We’re going to open a shop here in miami. We’re looking to offer auto tint work at the shop, but also install architectural film on commercial and residential properties.

Im planning on using this forum as a guide. Any tips or advice for a new shop owner? Especially on how to get decent flat glass jobs, because they pay more if I’m not mistaken.

“Yo dawg, y u so expensive? I can get it done in Miami for fitty bucks”. 

I used to hear that all the time. I never knew what they were getting for $50, but I told them good luck and to have a safe trip. Probably Premium Tech standard on the outside of the glass. Lol. Anywho, good luck. I have no advice for down that way, other than don’t be the cheap guy. Let your skill and price set you apart from the rest. 

13 hours ago, Blackwolftinting said:

“Yo dawg, y u so expensive? I can get it done in Miami for fitty bucks”. 

I used to hear that all the time. I never knew what they were getting for $50, but I told them good luck and to have a safe trip. Probably Premium Tech standard on the outside of the glass. Lol. Anywho, good luck. I have no advice for down that way, other than don’t be the cheap guy. Let your skill and price set you apart from the rest. 

Lol well I know that the young folks down here like to waste their money on rental cars (about 1k a month on rental cars instead of buying or financing one, I never understood that but hey) and 90% of them get them tinted every time and that’s exactly what they get, cheap film on the outside of the glass for $50-$60, then before returning the car they come and pay $20 to get it removed.

Who can understand these millennials LOL, is all the social aspect of who you want people to see.   These kids renting cars because they do not want to finance is the new trend, just so they can have the newest model each and every time.  Total waste of money so you can get more IG likes lol

Did you already find a location?

-I'll tell you one thing is to keep your shop clean, organized, and professional looking. Many of our customers that visit shops looking for quotes choose us simply because ours is and some of the others are not. 

-Choose a good film to offer

-Get the most out of free advertising on social media and the internet: Instagram, yelp, bing, google, facebook, etc.

Make sure you have enough capital to start-up and for the next several months for rent, utilities, insurance etc.