Is PPF really legal (certified) for headlamps?

Dear all,

I am wondering if You have an experience in PPF films being certified by specific countries goverment agencies for use on headlamps? I am not talking about the tinting films for headlamps but standard clear PPFs.

I have wrapped many cars lamps and I know pass yearly technical car reviews in flying colors, otherwise the owners would come back to me. But the question is, does the PPF manufacturers certify their films by independent car institutes like TUV or DEKRA in Germany, or corresponding ones in another countries? I have one particular client who asked me not only if it will pass the yearly technical test (which I know it will) but also for some proof in form of certificate. 

I have loked on both Xpel and PS websites and no luck there. For my case a German, French or UK or even US certificate would suffice for sure.

if You have any knowledge about this, please share it.

BR,

Simon

I am not talking about certifying it by BMW, Mercedes etc. but rather making official tests saying that using PPF on a headlamp does not hinder the lamps strength to the point when it is not compliant with national vehicle laws and therefore not road-legal.

Maybe people working for the PPF companies that are on the forum can offer more info on the subject?

Technically in the USA, putting PPF or anything on headlamps is illegal. It comes under the scope of tinted and colored films impinging on the light along with the color potentially being misused. But that's technically. The reality is that since it's clear, unless someone comes up to it and actually inspects it, they would never know it's even on there. It's not part of the inspection process nor is a cop going to pull you over because of it. It's more of an umbrella law which covers everything that comes close to it being a problem.