Defects in paint showing through film

I've been working on a Mazda CX-5 doing full hood, fenders and bumper.  The first fender I did there were lots of tiny dots showing through the film.  First thought was contamination in the film, but they didn't move when I moved the film.  But I tried a new piece anyway.  Same issue.  I then used a synthetic clay to clay the hell out of the fender, most of the spots remained however it was significantly better.  Moving on to the remainder of the panels, I had this happen EVERYWHERE I put film.  I spent about 3 hours using the medium grade synthetic clay towel on the whole front clip and had spots show all over.  I'm assuming it's just paint issues since it's multiple sections of film from different rolls.  Any ideas on how to break it to the customer that their pant has lots contaminates not seen until filmed?

sounds like overspray.....

you must find a middle , any paint issues should be addressed before install.

you may not be a detailer and the paint "supposed" to be ready for film ......but we all know how cars come in.

* let client know what` s there and decide if film has to be reapply or not  , if you reapply  charge for overspray removal and absorb some of that lost material..... go in details with the client so he knows his options.