Anyone familiar with Madico RS440 & RS550?

Because I did not get much feedback to my earlier posting, I am trying again, but this time more specific. Is there anyone out there with experience with Madico's RS440 and RS550 films? I am thinking of switching from Madico TSG to the RS films. How is the reflectivity of the RS compared to the TSG and SG films? If the RS films are too reflective, how do you rate the SG films to the TSG films? I greatly appreciate your taking the time to reply.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have used both films, but the 550 was discontinued last year. The 550 was an extreamly light reflective film, but the heat rejection wasn't that great at all. The 440 is still fairly light. You do get a fair bit of reflection, though, not as much as with the tsg line. But the tsg line isn't great for heat rejection either. One thing that really bothered me about tsg was the different dye lots. Two rolls of tsg looked entirely different. :evileye

One thing that really bothered me about tsg was the different dye lots.  Two rolls of tsg looked entirely different. :thumb

Same thing I experienced with Madico's Sunscape SB 33..... specifically the 36" and 48/60".

You'd reckon the smaller roll came from an entirely different manufacturer.

Not anywhere good enough! :thumb:lol

Devil

Guest Mayor of Tint Town

I've used Madico for years. The TSG has a bad tendency to lose a significant amount of color over time. I saw one job after 5 years and the windows looked like they had security film on them.

The RS440 on the other hand has always been a great seller for us. Very clear adhesive and great heat rejection in comparison to the high light trans.

Guest dent-techs.com

LOOK AT THE SAMPLE CARD IT WILL HAVE A REFLECTIVITY RATING

IE SG-330 IS RATED AT AROUND 21% TSG-335 IS AROUND THE SAME AND WITH OUT REFERENCING A CARD I BELIEVE RS-440 IS ABOUT 35% REFLECTIVITY AND SRS-330 ( SOLID FF-ING MIRROR IS 42%) RS-440 IS BASICALLY A 40% SILVER! ON CLEAR GLASS IT IS PRETTY SILVER AND REFLECTIVE ON LOW-E2 IT LOOKS LIKE TSG-335 0N CLEAR GLASS. IN TEXAS ALL NEW HOMES HAVE A GREEN LOW-E2 GLASS THAT IS ALREADY SLIGHTLY REFLECTIVE. HOPE THIS ANSWERS YOUR QUESTION.

Guest Blade

WTF???? Why can't companies have normal names for film?

SG-330

TSG-335

SRS-330

RS-440

RS-550

BLAH BLAH BLAH.....

How about Silver + % or Bronze + % or Grey + %?????

Atleast Madico's and more normal than MMM's frikkin' film names though. :thumb

Archived