Size of Glass Change Perception of Tint -Darkness-

I generally have a decent gauge for what 20, 35, 55 looks like in the general variables that can affect how it looks (interior of car, what color the stock glass is, etc).

Riddle me this but for a larger car with -larger windows-, like a SUV, could the larger windows also contribute to me seeing 35% but it looks more like 40% , etc due to more light overall coming in.

1 hour ago, mobiledynamics said:

I generally have a decent gauge for what 20, 35, 55 looks like in the general variables that can affect how it looks (interior of car, what color the stock glass is, etc).

Riddle me this but for a larger car with -larger windows-, like a SUV, could the larger windows also contribute to me seeing 35% but it looks more like 40% , etc due to more light overall coming in.

Absolutely 

Ah....than that sums it up. Been looking at the fronts ...and saying it sure looks dang too light for what's on it.....been hemming/hawing on whether to rip and replace with darker.

I don't like too dark and have many times gone 20% and then went lighter...

Can't always tell until it's on the car in the real world.

But man, it sure feels like it's 10% lighter than what I would expect the % would be.