Experiance and pay

Guest mrdave25

Guest mrdave25

Just wondering. For those guys/gals out there that own there own shops, what would you or do you pay and employee that has 8-10 years experiance and can/could turn out 5-6 full tint in a day. I make 17.00 an hour with those qualifications. Do you think that is too little pay? Just curious how it is everywhere else. Thanks

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest SQUEEGEE
Just wondering. For those guys/gals out there that own there own shops, what would you or do you pay and employee that has 8-10 years experiance and can/could turn out 5-6 full tint in a day. I make 17.00 an hour with those qualifications. Do you think that is too little pay? Just curious how it is everywhere else. Thanks

That sounds about right if you can do 5-6 cars a day consistantly regardless of model.

Guest thetintshop

depends on what you charge. let's say for arguement sake that you do 5 cars a day at an average of $150 per car. at $17.00 an hour, you're not even pulling 20% of the total. the average for 10 years experience should be around 30%.

I say get off hourly and ask for comission.

the downside will be in winter when you wish you were back on hourly.

Guest FloridaTintChic

In Orlando they pay 35% and the ones who are cocky that know they are the b*mb tinters ,will not take less athan 40%.I think as a buss owner you have a couple things to think about,Are you happy where you work? Do you work in air cond or out side?And how many cars is the company doing a week? I pay my guy 35% and hes the b*mb tinter but to bad lol and he does what he wants,and he's worked for me for 7years when its slow I have his back always and I'f he makes under a certain amount I promise to give him a certain amount of pay so he can pay his bills.I have a good relationship with him,buthe doesnt charge me for 1 or 2 window redo's and I dont charge him,either do I do that nonsense of charging the trinter if he ruins a back window ect.So I think it;s alot of things to think about!!!

Guest Sprinter

uh ftc so your not married to the b*mb!

how far from disney world are you?

how many tinters are in your shop?

do you tint? sometimes or everyday?

Guest tintgod
In Orlando they pay 35% and the ones who are cocky that know they are the b*mb tinters ,will not take less athan 40%. I pay my guy 35% and hes the b*mb tinter but to bad lol and he does what he wants,and he's worked for me for 7years when its slow I have his back always and I'f he makes under a certain amount I promise to give him a certain amount of pay so he can pay his bills.

yeah FTC...I dont work for you.... :bingo :inot :spit:spit

Archived