Headlight PPF pattern for BMW E71 2008?

I am looking for a PPF pattern for the headlights of a 2008 BMW E71.

I have just finished polishing the headlights after many trials (see here: https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/help-headlight-restoration-swirls-showing.1455750/).

I must now install the PPF from a roll I ordered online. I thought it would be a piece of cake cutting this film while on the car, but it is not that easy and I would like to do a good job.

If anyone has access to any pro software and feels charitable enough, could you please allow me to use the headlight template for this car?

If you would be so kind I would really appreciate it immensely.  

2023-07-23_03-52-51.jpg

Btw, this is a trial I did with a small piece of 3M ppf. I used regular tap water and soap. The photo was taken a few minutes or a few hours after installation - I did not wait a day for all the water to evaporate completely.
Do you think the residue seen under the ppf is soap/water salts? 

When I do the installation I should:

1. wash first with soap & rinse with loads of water & wipe with soft microfiber.

2. use a alcohol and wipe with lint free cloth (is microfiber ok to use here?) Examine lense & do it again if needed.

3. spray distilled water & soap solution (30+ to 1 ratio) 

4. install ppf

Any corrections or modifications to the list let me know.

PS> If you know anyone who can supply me with a headlight pattern please share this topic with them. Thank you.

20230717_195405.00_01_54_10.Still002.jpg

Did you do any post mitigation as part of process - like 2K clear. Otherwise it will get oxidized again anyhow...

Film does help. However, it looks best when it's you remove the headlight, pull/stretch so that the corners are wrapped.

For my -eyes- , on the precuts, there will always be an edge....just depends how much you want to don't care to see it

Looks like the glue got streached. Apply some light carnuba wax in the center section of the lamp, wipe the edges with 70%alcohol around the edges. Light spray of straight water to lock the first edge you lay and again on the other side when you get it streached.

Or...just use extra soap in your mix and keep a bottle of straight water to lock the edges as described above.

Not using precut patterns is my preferred method to get max coverage.

You can pre cut your own by using the pattern you peel off to hand trace your next one if you really want to.

2 hours ago, Dano said:

Looks like the glue got streached. ...

Very strange. I cut the ppf, and just placed it on the headlight, and squeegeed the soapy water from under it. No stretching involved. It is possible that the glue has accumulated unevenly from being rolled up for a few weeks? This is how I received it from the seller... rolled up inside a cardboard cylinder.

2 hours ago, mobiledynamics said:

Did you do any post mitigation as part of process - like 2K clear. Otherwise it will get oxidized again anyhow...

Film does help. However, it looks best when it's you remove the headlight, pull/stretch so that the corners are wrapped.

For my -eyes- , on the precuts, there will always be an edge....just depends how much you want to don't care to see it

Are you suggesting I order me some 2K just in case I do not like the result?

Removing the headlights on this car is not trivial so it must be done as is.

Why PPF?

The reason I did not choose the easier route of 2K is the uncertainty regarding the longevity of the product and the

possibility of spider's web cracks after a while. In these events, I would have to redo all the prep which I did not want to do.

Guarantee & Longevity.

My 3M Scotchgard™ PPF according to 3M is guaranteed for 5 years. 10 years for the pro version.
I could not find any numbers for 2K (let me know).

Availability.

spraymax also has a specific coat for headlights called 2K 2in1 Headlight Clear - could not find it on Amazon/Ebay.

spraymax has a generic 2k clear coat, which is not designed for headlights, and it costs $31.56 + $37.70 delivery from USA to Cyprus. I felt that this was way too much for so many question marks that it left in my head. 

post mitigation

I think my exit strategy in this is that I will bite the bullet, take the front wheels off, extract the headlights and take them to a guy with an oven to bake them with some clear coat.

For me this is a learning experience in diy skills. If I find any issues e.g. ppf has inconsistent glue pattern etc, I have to throw in the towel and find a solution asap. I do not want to move the car out of the garage until the headlights are protected. This is why I was asking for the pattern... I cannot move the car.

If you're halfway there with the light out to get cleared, then I would consider spraying them and after curing is done to PPF it. 

Spray for UV, PPF to protect the lense as well as suspender/belts approach on UV....But hey, it's a 15 year German car. You may get tired of dealing with maintenance and repairs if the previous owners did not stay ontop of it....comes with the territory ya know..