Clarity of Ceramic under Foggy Overcast Rainy Conditions

Maybe I'm just getting old.....last eye dr visit was about 9 months ago, still healthy...

70% Xpel XR Plus upfront. Heavy fog, overcast, raindriven water on windshield@ speed, etc....

Interior glass is clean.

I was just having overall -decent clarity- issues. It was a bit of a struggle at times seeing what I believe should be better clarity through the glass

Is it me or the dang tint.

If it's been installed for some time, then most likely, the issue is your eyesight, especially if you're over 40. Your close vision is the most affected (hence people needing readers), but also with glare, etc. So you still could have great vision in ideal circumstances (doctor's office) but not in more severe driving conditions. If you recently added the tint, the reduction of visibility might be the issue. Even though 70% is pretty clear, you are still losing an additional 30% of visibility.

I wear contacts, my fiancee wears glasses but she has overall better vision than me. She only does 90% on the windshield since she felt 70% impacted her night driving way too much. I do 35-40% on the windshield and have perfect clarity even at night. Unless it is pouring down, I typically do not use my wipers.

One thing that will help you is adding Yellow LEDs to your fog lamps. Yellow cuts through the rain and fog better than any whiter light. Below is our shop vehicle with only fog lights on.

20210207_194709.jpg

Edited by DynamicATL

Well, we all know how to calculate VLT after applying tint to glass, so in this case you are looking through 50% +/-. Hell, I had trouble in my mid-30's at night with that combo.

Today, at 68.5 yo, forget it! I now understand why elder folks don't like driving after dark. I've been through cataract surgery a couple yrs back and a follow up laser clearing of scar tissue this past Thurs. One eye the headlights have a star burst look, which has me going back to the old rule of thumb; look toward the road edge when a car approaches at night. F**k tinting the WS.

I haven't been out at night to see what improvement might be present after scar tissue was removed. During daytime I can see a grey hair on a fly's azz at 20 feet.