new tint law in texas...taking effect in september

Guest thetintshop

Guest thetintshop

our good ol POS senator ogden's new proposal has passed. but, it was amended from what he had originally proposed, which was to have the current law of 35% FILM changed to 35% NET. which would have us putting on 50% tint on the doors and sides of even MPVs.

the new law is 25% NET, which means we can still put 35% on the front doors. I called and talked to his office today and they will call me in the morning and give me the exact specifications of what the law is changing to. so I'll let ya'll know in the morning.

here is a link to the exzact wording, I understood the 35% net but I cant understand the backglass wording is it any still or is it 35 also?

I dont see anything about suv tint, I hope you can get some info tts, something we can understand :rollin

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/cgi-bin/db2...ILLSUFFIX=00345

it would have been a disaster if they got that 35% net passed :confused

I can live with 25%

Guest thetintshop

that link says, basically, that our laws really haven't changed as far as we're concerned. but I'll get them to tell me tomoorow what it is exactly, in words a normal human being can understand.

Guest thetintshop

that link also says that pre '88 autos aren't exempt anymore. so no more limo on the back sides of the hoopties!!! wooohooo

Guest Braud Spectrum

So is it saying that now the back can only be 35% ... even with two outside mirrors? :lol Boy. We're gonna have some mad customers. In 1987 when they changed the law to 35% on all sides an 87 could be the old way (whatever you wanted behind the D & P) and people who had 88's which looked just like and 87 were furious. "But my neighbor has one you did..."

My understanding of the "law" as it is now : that all sides on anything listed as a passenger vehicle (including station wagons which sucks cause they might as well be an SUV) the meter could read as low as 24.5... because 35% in combination with what's on the glass (that faint greenish tint that they call tinted ...that you even pay extra for :lol ) drops the reading down to that 24.5. The back glass could be whatever you want ...long as there were two outside mirrors.

I see nothing else in that document referring to any other vehicles except passenger cars.

Guest thetintshop

he's based in college station. all the teachers and old people like him. that's why he gets votes. he's a real wienner. the girl in his office said that they were flooded with calls, mainly from tint shops, to get the proposal amended. I guess it worked.

Guest Sprinter

the tint companies will have to start making new film for you guys cause 40% film meters out at 33% on f-150's and E-150's, here gose the illegal tinting, how will they inforce it do you guys have to put shop stickers on the cars you do?

Archived