Do you dip your hands before touching the film?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Braud Spectrum

We used to do that in the beginning. Now I just spray them off before I pick imy piece up holding the sprayer kinda strange with my last three fingers of the hand I just sprayed for the second hand so I don't get anything on the one I already sprayed. I remember dipping my fingers in clean water and having trouble with them sticking to the film. Might add a tad of solution to the bowl if you plan on doing that so that doesn't happen. :thumb

I try not to touch the adhesive side at all if I can. Maybe just the tip of a fingernail to hang on. Seeems like no matter what ...if I touch it something is in my fingerprint grooves. Even when I spray them off good. :thumb

Guest tintgod
We used to do that in the beginning. Now I just spray them off before I pick imy piece up holding the sprayer kinda strange with my last three fingers of the hand I just sprayed for the second hand so I don't get anything on the one I already sprayed. I remember dipping my fingers in clean water and having trouble with them sticking to the film. Might add a tad of solution to the bowl if you plan on doing that so that doesn't happen. :thumb

I try not to touch the adhesive side at all if I can. Maybe just the tip of a fingernail to hang on. Seeems like no matter what ...if I touch it something is in my fingerprint grooves. Even when I spray them off good.  :thumb

try using rubber gloves... :thumb ..funny thing is...I have tryed it..but I would just cut the finger off of it...and just wear those....the thumbs and the index fingers... :thumb..or was is just the index finger.. :lol6

Guest tinterjim

I had a guy that used to work for me years ago that dipped his hands in a bucket of water before he touched the film. Drove me crazy cuz I don't touch the adhesive side, but it worked for him :dunno

Guest Sprinter

I don't touch the glue side either, peel liner and then hang on your arm and roll film on to glass I do this with such ease that it would blow your mind for not doing it. watch a friend of mine do this and just started to try it and now it's the only way I do it, been doing it this way all year and no finger prints.

Archived