Do you dip your hands before touching the film?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest crewdog10
I don't touch the glue side either, peel liner and then hang on your arm and roll film on to glass I do this with such ease that it would blow your mind for not doing it. watch a friend of mine do this and just started to try it and now it's the only way I do it, been doing it this way all year and no finger prints.

:lol6

Guest Eclipse

I dip my hands in a five gallon bucket of water right after I peel the film. Quick dip and then grab the film and hang it on the glass. :lol6

Guest nautiboi73

I used to sometimes have a problem with finger dirt, so I just don't touch the adhesive anymore. Just pinch and never worry about dirt anymore.

works for me.

Guest BigZ

I Bought a bucket at Home Depot for like 4.00. I fill it up with water and all my tools when tinting. so after razor the window I give each squeege pass after diping it in water and shaking a lil bit. and when don I spray it and take the liner out spray it and then soak my hands in water kind rinse it and then touch the film. it take a total of 2 mins extra on each window but works Great. :spit

Guest autotintplus

If you use a board or mirror like I do:

1-lay the tint up on there

2-spray off hand (L) if you're right handed

3-spray bottom 3-4 inches all the way across

4-spray corner of side you're peeling

5-use finger nail(s) and scratch til the liner comes loose(takes me 3-4 seconds)

6-spray that corner down so it stays while you peel liner and doesn't buckle/crease

7-peel liner til part that's wet will hold it down

8-spray entire film

9-spray both hands again to re-wet

10-grab film w/ both hands

11-walk w/ film facing you ( adhesive side)

12-Lay film on window - tint as usual, Done!!

Only learned from the pros.

:spit

Guest cool

I use a kitchen worktop against the wall as my cutting board and to peel and spray my film with.

I touch only the two top corners and as these are then pushed into the corners and above the top of the glass nothing shows anyway........but if I do get any specs of dust its in the glass :spit

Archived