55 & 57 Chevys

Guest Custom Tints & Graphi

Man those 58 chevy b/w are a mother! With that dirty rubber seal around the glass its impossible to do a good job. No way to trim it, I guess just leave a gap around the whole window and paint it . Has anyone had any problems with this ? Please let me know

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:thumb done several and have had great sucess I used a tooth brush to clean around the rear window then let dry as I shrunk the film on the outside. Once it has been all fitted to the outside I don't wet the inside of the glass but rather just the piece of tint so that there isn't too much exess water. Then just tint as usual :lol

My hubby has a '57. Even with a bunch of tinting experience, I suggested that he buy a replacement back glass, pre-tinted with 35%. I think it only costs about $150, and we picked it up at a swap-meet. All the side glass is available aftermarket with 35%, but those I did... simple and totally flat.

I had a 1962 Impala 4 door and put Sungard Desert Smoke 50 all the way around including complete WS. Turned out awesome. I know this is for the 55-57 but I have done 1-2 of those also and they are about the same difficulty. Take time and clean-clean-clean.

Guest chino

I've got a 62 olds... just like an impala... 2 dr... man those rubbers are more like wood and its pretty dirty too clean car but dirty rubbers...back glass might take me a while... still trying to figure out how I'm gonna shrink it?.?.? top half then move up and shrink bottom half?.?. any suggestions???

:thumb

I just had someone call me about a 2 door 55 Chevy. I instantly thought of the rear glass in my head, then the age of the car, and the price went through the roof. If Im doing it, Im getting the money for it. Im not gonna spend a lot of time on this thing for nothing. But I was thinking maybe leave a little gap around the boarder of the rear glass and do a blackout tape or something. I saw a few like that at a car show a few months back. Didnt look to bad at all. I guess Ill have to look at the gaskets first and see if theyre new or in good shape. The last one I was was also seamed (which you could see due to no defroster), but I think I can get it done in 1 piece. :whisper Any other tips?

Archived