Selling Tint Shop in Raleigh North Carolina

Guest tintedatmospheres

Guest tintedatmospheres

We've been kicking around the idea of moving out of state for a few months now, just want to get a feel for interest at this time. Our shop has been easily run by only two people and often a third full-time employee in the summer. After 10+ years in the window tinting business we're very much burned out and ready for a relocation. Totally open to thoughts and suggestions!!

About the shop:

Established 7 years in Feb 2015, only been in two locations on same street

Located in Cary, NC located about 15 minutes from Raleigh, NC

Low traffic street, but located in small industrial park (LOTS of other auto/res/comm services on same street)

Automotive/Paint Pro, Vinyl, Commercial and residential

4 other shops located in Cary - we are by far the  best rated and do the most automotive installs

Commercial installs have picked up 50% in the last year $$$

Products: LLumar, SunTek, XPEL and Prestige certified

Year to year! lease in awesome shop very reasonable rent, contains:

Display/Show Room

Office with two large desks

Waiting room with couches and TV

HUGE storage room (fridge and microwave)

Double bay garage - heated and semi AC

70" Graphtec plotter

iMac and surround sound

large standing height plotter table for cutting patterns/vinyl

3 huge glass surfaces (one on wheels)

large film shelf

Commercial sized compressor

Huge customer list, MANY repeat customers very loyal

Newly redesigned website

Highly preforming in Search Engines and excellent Angie's List presence

Full Social Media presence

Very light budget for online marketing

Existing dealership partnerships

Several commercial and contractor partnerships

Gross yearly profit 

2012 - $130k

2013 - $147k

2014 - $179k

these numbers are exact for credit card and check transactions..... You all know that sometimes a cash deal isn't always accounted for (screw you uncle sam!). Our cash accounts for close to 30% of our business so honestly there is a small goldmine there that we've avoided taxes on. 

Business in Cary, NC - 

Median household income - $91,349 

THEY HAVE MONEY. Honestly the area has been very good to us and 90% of our customers are genuinely cool people, which doesn't hurt.

[snip]

Burned out?  why sell it when you can continue growing it with vertical integration.... focus on what is really selling Auto or Commercial and dedicate your devotion to it... If I was making that much $$ a year, being burned out will be the last of my worries.  

Burned out? why sell it when you can continue growing it with vertical integration.... focus on what is really selling Auto or Commercial and dedicate your devotion to it... If I was making that much $$ a year, being burned out will be the last of my worries.

X2

Guest tintedatmospheres

:lol I like how tax evasion is one if the selling points. I'm sure some up and coming IRS agent would love this post....

How many up and coming IRS agents are trolling tint forums?

When we started the company seven years ago we had all the devotion in the world to give, but now long days of standing on concrete and enjoyable back problems that come along with tinting have hampered those. Years of shitty employees that often steal and almost never commit have also worn us down. We've always always taken care of our employees - paid above average commissions, valued their work, praised them when they could actually tint but in the end nobody gives a shit about your business the way we do. It's 50% being burned out, 50% moving away to be with family.

We are a few miles away from what must be the worst TINT WORLD on the planet. We get so much business from it that I honestly know it's helpful rather than a hinderance. At one point a customer wrote on their Yahoo profile page how much they suck and they should come to us. They terminated they're page like they went out of business, had to wait a few months then made a new one.

Archived