Slightand uniform Haze in Huper Optik film?

Guest kaiwang

Guest kaiwang

I just got 30% Huper installed 1 week ago in my car and in the sunlight I notice that the view I get out of the film has a slight haze to it..

You really cannot notice it unless you lived with the film for a while and you compare the view to clear glass side by side.. It is uniform throughout the film.

Is this a common characteristic of the Huper Optik film or did my installer mess up?

Guest metint
I just got 30% Huper installed 1 week ago in my car and in the sunlight I notice that the view I get out of the film has a slight haze to it..

You really cannot notice it unless you lived with the film for a while and you compare the view to clear glass side by side.. It is uniform throughout the film.

Is this a common characteristic of the Huper Optik film or did my installer mess up?

Echo, echo, echo...

2 things 2 consider:

1) Huper film has a low vapor transmission rate; in laymen's terms it means slow drying. The haze could very well be leftover application solution that may dry in time. The installer of this film brand should know the consequences of limp squeegeeing.

2) It is the nature of some polyester used in making some brands of film. Better known as 'low angle haze' (a consequence in using less bright polyester). A bright polyester will be as clear as glass even when the sun shines on it at any angle. A polyester not considered 'bright' will display a mild, all over haze appearance when the sun strikes it and the glass at certain angles.

You will have to wait out the drying (curing) time before you can determine which of the 2 it may be. :thumb

Guest kaiwang

I figured it may be due to the film needs more drying time!

the car is kept in the garage. should I leave it in the sun to help speed up the drying time?

TIA!

Guest metint

Another minor note:

If you are from D.C., then I can say without a doubt that the film on your car does not meet any State laws surrounding Wash. DC or DC itself.

And in that area of the country... be prepared to have an occasional roadside social visit with law enforcement. :thumb

Guest atypicaldave

Daaaaaaaamm! :thumb Talk about cut and run? :hmmm Mention illegal tint and the chatter stops dead? :thumb Didn't happen to tell him there's no warranty on illegal tint, didja? :beer

:thumb I lived near Richmond for 2 years. They don't play up there. Especially the VA state patrol and DC cops. And aside from the tint they have speeding fines for 1-5, 6-10, and 11-up over the speed limit and 11-up is reckless driving in lots of areas. I hated it.

Archived