ACURA TL-S..WINDOW TINTING DILEMMA

Guest blazinginder

Guest blazinginder

I just bought a 2007 Acura TL-S...it has the radio antenna in the rear windshield and the Nav antenna is on the rear shelf (behind the rear seats)...so I've been told that metallic tint is NOT an option.

...what are the best non-metallic tint films out there other than Huper Optik (too expensive, was quoted $450+)...I've heard 3M color stable is non-metallic and pretty good

...any input/help is greatly appreciated

Guest haroldshouseoftint

:lol6 to the board,

where are you located at?

Huper is a good film, 450 is right about the range for that car,

what price range are you looking for:?

Guest blazinginder

I'm from Jersey...so its more for the looks, but being that the car is Black/Black...keeping it cool is a plus as well....I'm not looking to spend too much...I had my lexus done with 3M color stable a year back for $240...I'm open to spending, just think Huper is a bit pricey

I just bought a 2007 Acura TL-S...it has the radio antenna in the rear windshield and the Nav antenna is on the rear shelf (behind the rear seats)...so I've been told that metallic tint is NOT an option.

...what are the best non-metallic tint films out there other than Huper Optik (too expensive, was quoted $450+)...I've heard 3M color stable is non-metallic and pretty good

...any input/help is greatly appreciated

Hey, Whats up? I think I quoted you for the Huper Optik. I also carry SunTek Carbon, and Solar Gard non metal films. Both the SunTek and the Solar Gard are less expensive. Give me an e mail for a new quote.

theartoftint@aol.com

Guest blazinginder

Emailed a local tint shop thats supposed to be good and has multiple locations...here's what they said...

"we use the 3M? Color-Stable Automotive Window Films CS films and when we tint any acura's we remove the rubber on the inside of the door and tint below that, then reinstall it so it does not scrach the film..."

does this sound right (the right way to do tint the car)...or is what they're saying not necessary etc ?

Archived