how do I compete

Guest nikluvNearl

Guest nikluvNearl

just asking. how do you compete with a tint company that also distributors of the same product your selling.... I went to price out a tint job, and they wanted v cool film. so the customer call me today saying that they went with another company. That they beat my price about $1200.00 and I am like WTF? I added 3.25over cost to get the job. No ladders need. it was a 108 windows 3 ft X 4 ft all ground level. So I ask her who was the company, and its the company that I am buying the dam film from...I really don't want to call name. it was a 1300 sq ft job for YMCA. so now I look like I am the bad guy the over price tint shop...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest haroldshouseoftint

That is a bad deal when Mfg. have distributors that also sell and install, I'm lucky, my mfg. doesn't have that here, it's a direct source, but they have dist. elsewhere who do the same thing your up aginst right now. :dunno all I can say is it sucks, and your not the bad guy, you have to make a living, they can sell it cheaper because they are making money off of that job, and the next job that you do, where you buy film from them. So they are in a win win, where your not as fortunate.

Guest FilmBlazer

That is not cool at all. However, you don't look bad at all just because you priced out $1,200 higher. For that amount of square footage/cost you were close. Better luck next time! :bingo

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

I would call and find out whats up wit dat mang :bingo but seriously thats messed you, im glad our MMM contract keeps other dealers away, if they want top quality MMM film we are the ones they will have to go through.

Guest willie
I would call and find out whats up wit dat mang :bingo but seriously thats messed you, im glad our MMM contract keeps other dealers away, if they want top quality MMM film we are the ones they will have to go through.

:dunno Your contract prevents another authorized MMM dealer/applicator from another

town from bidding the same job you bidding even if its a retail job that the customer calls them on. Thats pretty cool

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal
:dunno Your contract prevents another authorized MMM dealer/applicator from another

town from bidding the same job you bidding even if its a retail job that the customer calls them on. Thats pretty cool

:bingo I dont know the details, if another county wants to drive this far and bid I dont see what would stop them...except maybe a dancing lock :thumb

Damn that sucks man, I would call that distributor and tell em im not buying from them anymore. Sounds like you bidded cheap too, that stuff usually goes for around 12 a square doesn't it? What's up with all these cheap hack tinters lately? We bidded on one the other day at 10 a square and they already had a bid from someone else for 2.30 a square :bingo and we still got the job :thumb The other person left them llucy automotive samples for their dp windows :dunno

Archived