looking for a plotter

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest scottydosnntkno

I have my backup 30" one for sale. It works perfect with graphics, ppf, and tint as long as you have the software. Only wide enough to cut doors, but the BG's are the easy parts to cut anyways.

I just picked up another plotter, so one of them has to go :lol

Guest scottydosnntkno
ates.m@enprodistributing.com

email me, and i will help you find what you are looking for.

Hey Scotty? Who makes a 30" plotter besides graphtec and roland?? I didnt think you had a GT. Thought it was a UScutter.

I have a 30" uscutter, and a like mid 90's GT 24 that i use sometimes. The refine is my backup now that i have my new one.

I just picked up a q100/fc7000 42" that was bought by a lady, and a week after she got it, before even setting it up she took a firefighting job and sold it. :beer i was in the market for a fc8000, but figure a brand new 7000 is just as good. Plus, i don't do print, so I don't need the updated contour cutting.

all i got to say to anyone looking to buy a plotter, is this: Start with a cheap one in the beginning. It gets the job done, and is a workhorse. My uscutter has paid for itself more than 50 times over, and continues to work just as good as it did on day one. Then once you have some money saved up, step up to a big dog one. There truly is no comparison, but theres also no need for a fancy dancy one in the beginning.

ps- my refine is for sale for $300 if anyones interested. I think their like $499ish new now

Hey Scotty? Who makes a 30" plotter besides graphtec and roland?? I didnt think you had a GT. Thought it was a UScutter.

all i got to say to anyone looking to buy a plotter, is this: Start with a cheap one in the beginning. It gets the job done, and is a workhorse. My uscutter has paid for itself more than 50 times over, and continues to work just as good as it did on day one. Then once you have some money saved up, step up to a big dog one. There truly is no comparison, but theres also no need for a fancy dancy one in the beginning.

I completely disagree. My first plotter was a Roland CX-400 that I leased. Then I bought a Roland GX-400. Why? I leased/bought the Rolands b/c I knew their track record of reliablilty. If anyone is serious about buying a plotter, they should buy a good one. My plotter has paid for itself as well. Sure it costs more, but I know it will work when I need it to. Plotters should not be considered expendable like cheap film is for beginners. This is just my opinion however.

Guest scottydosnntkno

I completely disagree. My first plotter was a Roland CX-400 that I leased. Then I bought a Roland GX-400. Why? I leased/bought the Rolands b/c I knew their track record of reliablilty. If anyone is serious about buying a plotter, they should buy a good one. My plotter has paid for itself as well. Sure it costs more, but I know it will work when I need it to. Plotters should not be considered expendable like cheap film is for beginners. This is just my opinion however.

that is true if you have the money. However, I was coming from a newbie newbie view, where i didn't have $4k to drop on a plotter right off the bat. I spend $500, made $15k, and then bought a nice one.

that is true if you have the money. However, I was coming from a newbie newbie view, where i didn't have $4k to drop on a plotter right off the bat. I spend $500, made $15k, and then bought a nice one.

Who said you had to spend $4K? Like I said....I leased my first one...and it was a good one. My second one I bought for $2400 with software.

I have a 30" uscutter, and a like mid 90's GT 24 that i use sometimes. The refine is my backup now that i have my new one.

I just picked up a q100/fc7000 42" that was bought by a lady, and a week after she got it, before even setting it up she took a firefighting job and sold it. :thumb i was in the market for a fc8000, but figure a brand new 7000 is just as good. Plus, i don't do print, so I don't need the updated contour cutting.

ps- my refine is for sale for $300 if anyones interested. I think their like $499ish new now

whats the model number on the UScutter. Its a MH series?

So you bought a new Vinyl Express Q100?

Guest scottydosnntkno

I just picked up a q100/fc7000 42" that was bought by a lady, and a week after she got it, before even setting it up she took a firefighting job and sold it. :thumb i was in the market for a fc8000, but figure a brand new 7000 is just as good. Plus, i don't do print, so I don't need the updated contour cutting.

whats the model number on the UScutter. Its a MH series?

So you bought a new Vinyl Express Q100?

its a mh871, the 30/35" one.

and the plotter itself is new, but I didn't pay new price :nope lets just say it was about 35% of retail.

http://www.uscutter.com/Refine-GoldCut-Vin...rs-_p_1651.html

http://www.uscutter.com/USCutter-MH-series...tter-_p_25.html

I cant find a 30" by uscutter to save my life. I know they make odd sized plotters, but I have never seen one by them in a 30". 24-35 are the only ones I can see. Who did you buy it from?

Archived