Illegal tint legal on police cars

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Al-tint

Did a 2004 Suburban for an RCMP K9 unit. It had Factory dark glass already but they wanted 5% limo placed from the driver back. :thumb:thumb

I suggested black vinyl but he saw no humor in it.

I still have two highway cars to do in limo (which is legal here). They do follow the law and don't want me to do the front sides. But I have seen a Dr*g unit come to town with limo all around and a 35% on the windshield. They made a Dr*g take down on the main highway here with the guys in full black with helmets and goggles. Kinda creepy.

Guest BCCwintint

If that dark of tint is legal for them and not for us, wouldn't it make them stand out, and maybe a little suspicious? :thumb

Just an observation.

here they are exempt too. and we mostly do K-9 units.

That's what I have seen around here lately. (moreless towards the city) The rear of the K-9 units are done with 5%.

Guest SQUEEGEE
a few weeks ago I was looking at tint laws in differant states and saw in one of them it said a police car could have any tint on it, anyone herd of this? then the otherday a marked police car from another county pulled up to me at a stop light and had 5% all the way around :thumb

Police use vehicles are exempted from the state laws that govern tint.

If you're not sure or you want to protect your ass just have them bring you a written request on department letterhead to cover yourself. Texas Dept. of Public Safety instructed me to do so for local law enforcement.

Guest autotintplus

Man those K9 vehicles must have a bunch of hair balls. And their nearly invisible when wet til it starts drying and actually pops. :thumb

Guest High Octane Tinting

I did one K-9 unit after it had been in use for a few months, never again. Send them to me new of don't send them. I had to go home and shower and change because I was embarrased to be seen by customers. This was after the prisoners cleaned it.

In Louisiana police vehicles are exempt from tint laws! :lol?  If you doubt it go to the Louisiana state police web site and read the tint laws!? I think its bull :lol

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php?ac...56048993dad0e54

? Only if they have the exemption form signed and stamped by a notary :whisper

Read the law on the web site, law enforcement cars are exempt, businesses and other persons need a notarized exemption form! Its in black and white on their web site. The tint law that is! :inot

Guest Tint Masters
In Louisiana police vehicles are exempt from tint laws! :inot?? If you doubt it go to the Louisiana state police web site and read the tint laws!? I think its bull :spank

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php?ac...56048993dad0e54

? Only if they have the exemption form signed and stamped by a notary :nope

Read the law on the web site, law enforcement cars are exempt, businesses and other persons need a notarized exemption form! Its in black and white on their web site. The tint law that is! :spit

C. The provisions of this Section do not apply to any of the following:

(1) A sun screening device when used in conjunction with automotive safety glazing materials on the front side window, with a light transmission of at least forty percent, all tolerances included, side window behind the driver with a light transmission of at least twenty-five percent, all tolerances included, and rearmost windows with a light transmission of at least twelve percent, all tolerances included. All sun screening devices shall not have a luminous reflectance of more than twenty percent.

(2) A transparent material, not red or amber in color, affixed to the topmost portion of the windshield not to extend more than five inches down from the top.

(3) An adjustable nontransparent sun visor mounted forward of the side windows and not attached to the glass.

(4) Publicly owned law enforcement vehicles other than those vehicles owned or used by the Department of Wildlife and Fisheries.

:inot Yea your right :? Thanks for the info :?:mad

Archived