finally got it!

Guest drscotty14

thanks guys! I installed it also. I have never tried the reverse roll. I just frankinsteined it in there. hard as hell! any tips on reverse roll?

roll it tight. lift the liner, lay up the tint and as you're unrolling, let the liner stick to your side of the tint as you move across. when you're done, the liner's all laid up on the window, so it's easy to take off... not falling in your face.

you can practice your reverse roll with small pieces of tint on a vertical frame (or storm door :rollin ) you're just peeling the liner away and putting it on the "back" of the tint as you go across.

I don't know about anyone else, but we lift our liner in sections and wet the tint down outside the car, and then let the liner fall back down before going in the car. then wet down the inside and roll it on. it seems to seperate from the liner easier this way.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest High Octane Tinting

I always reverse roll, I'm very short with short arms, I could never Frankenstein without all kinds of trash getting in it.

Do you roll it from side to side or top to bottom?

side to side. never mind length of arms, I imagine that would crinkle my nicely shrunk piece.

Archived