04 Accord streaks in tint

Guest boomerz

Guest boomerz

We tinted an 04 Honda Accord which came back with verticle streaks in the tint just like the 03 Dodge Rams. Dodge has a TSB concerning the lack of felt strips for the windows, but Honda's saying it's just bad tint.

Anyone run into this?

Thanks,

Phil

A local shop knows of this problem, calls it bad felt in the door, charges the customer for re-doing it. Wether he loses a customer or not. That is trash. If you know the problem is there, correct it before it causes a problem. charge them a few dollars extra, and make both of you happy. :kiss is :lol

personally I like finding problems and pointing them out. Makes me look like I know what the ____ I'm doing :rollin

Maybe you used cheap tint? :lol

this is a industry wide problem with this car. those hard rubber seals grind dust particles into the film and scratch it.

I myself have a 04 accord 4dr and have llumar ATR charchao on it for about a month and I have no scratches yet.

the fix is to install a felt seal on the gasket from C.R. LAWRENCE from what I hear. I havent had to do it yet though and I have tinted probable 20 accords for the local dealership :rollin

alot of manufacturers are going to FELTLESS gaskets on the door panels.

I have seen brand new honda accords come in with no film on the glass with scratches in the glass :kiss how are the dealerships gonna explain that one :rollin cant blame the tinters for clear galss getting scratched. its obvious they hav a design flaw in the gaskets and they need to step up and redesign their gaskets.

here is one installers take on this.

the tint doctor Posted: Jun 21 2004, 02:31 AM? EDIT? QUOTE??

New User

Group: New User

Member No.: 11,353

Experience: 10

this my firs atempt for the top of the week so bare with me... we do alot of these down under, no mater what felt we put on these thing still kept scraching.... now the solution.... the metal strip on the inside, where the doortrim sits on, well you get a shifter and carefully bend that strip back. wont scrach anymore......try it?

this isnt a bad idea really, he is talking about taking the door panel off and bending the pinchweld back some and putting the panel back on, the gasket rest on this pinchweld, as it is now the gasket is SMASHED up against the glass grinding debris like dust particles into the film. if you bend this pinchweld back some the gasket will have some leway and wont be smashed up against the glass as much. it might be worth a try :rollin I havent tried this yet.

this isnt a bad idea really, he is talking about taking the door panel off and bending the pinchweld back some and putting the panel back on, the gasket rest on this pinchweld, as it is now the gasket is SMASHED up against the glass grinding debris like dust particles into the film. if you bend this pinchweld back some the gasket will have some leway and wont be smashed up against the glass as much. it might be worth a try :kiss I havent tried this yet.

Very well explained, Mdog. I even understood that one :rollin:lol

Guest thetintshop

I tinted my dad's SSR, which has feltless gaskets, and decided not to felt this one like I did his last one. (just to see how long it would take) it took three weeks before there was a nice big scratch running about 4-5 inches from the bottom on the driver's door. and this is a truck that rarely gets driven.

I don't plan on fixing it either. I told him to take to chevrolet and complain. make them do something about it.

New User

Group: New User

Member No.: 11,353

Experience: 10

this my firs atempt for the top of the week so bare with me... we do alot of these down under, no mater what felt we put on these thing still kept scraching.... now the solution.... the metal strip on the inside, where the doortrim sits on, well you get a shifter and carefully bend that strip back. wont scrach anymore......try it?

this isnt a bad idea really, he is talking about taking the door panel off and bending the pinchweld back some and putting the panel back on, the gasket rest on this pinchweld, as it is now the gasket is SMASHED up against the glass grinding debris like dust particles into the film. if you bend this pinchweld back some the gasket will have some leway and wont be smashed up against the glass as much. it might be worth a try :hmmm I havent tried this yet.

Then you'll get the owner bitchin to the service manager about the wind draft or noise coming up from the bottom of the door and then you'll really be in big :hmmm

Don't do em.

Devil

Archived