Rear deck removal on an 04 Passat

Guest crewdog10

Guest Eclipse

If my memory serves me correctly it isn't too bad. Similar to the jetta. Remove the 3 child restraint hooks and I think it pops up and out. :lol

Guest tintgod

im not sure what year..but one year you can not get them out that way..the shoulder seat belt are in the way to get them out..it is a pain in the ass... :lol ..and I dont take it out..you can get the film behind the break light.. :uh

let the seat backs down and take the covers off the baby seat anchor hold downs on top of the deck and get a 13mm socket and remove them. the only thing else holding it in now is 3 pop ins hidden under the hump at the front of the deck they are basicly lined up parallel where the seat belt things were you just removed, so get a big long screw driver and stick it under the hump and pry up and it will pop the things loose, there is one directly below each seat belt anchor on the deck, next unplug the brakelight and pull the deck towards you and it will slide right out.

I think I have some pictures from the past I can show you.

Guest tintgod
im not sure what year..but one year you can not get them out that way..the shoulder seat belt are in the way to get them out..it is a pain in the ass... :whisper ..and I dont take it out..you can get the film behind the break light.. :flip

sorry..I was thinking of the audi..my bad... :lol6

Guest naughtydog

I did one yesterday, the Uk spec does not have the child seat restraints, just disconnect the breaklight and pull up the 3 poppers at the front with the help of a trim tool and pull the sucker out.

I taped off the felt on the doors and this helps, rear doors seem a little tight in the seal area.

Archived