cutting rear quarters

Guest sdtintin

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Big_John

Been trimming rubber for years. I tint for the BMW dealer next door , <maybe 5-10 per month> Trim where I need to freely. But on new ones (US models) its all dots now.

I always tell customers that I have to trim due to the deterioration that uccurs to the edges of the rubber. Cant remember any further complaints. SOMETIMES a professional explanation at the first questions will eliminate any others.

Guest sdtintin

it is a 97 318 nothing special typical pos bmw dents all over scratched to hell but hes got a problem with 2mm of rubber removed from his rear quarters I just dont understand customers sometimes if I had left a gap he would have complained I guess theres just no pleasing somepeople :lol

Guest Litespeeds

I do that occassionally but it depends upon the car. Usually on Mercedes, I do not cut the rubber on the rear quarters because I tell the customer that the only way I can slip the film all the way inside is by cutting out about an 1/8" of rubber and 99% of my customer's tell me to just tint it as close as possible without cutting the rubber.

On other vehicles that I do cut, I only cut less than 1/16" at a 45 degree angle so it is very difficult to tell the rubber gasket has been altered.

Guest sdtintin

update on this

I recieved a letter from his soliciter today stating they are taking me to court and want ?700 to fix the damage caused to the window gaskets :hmmm apparently I damaged every gasket on the inside of the car and all windows need to be removed (including the rear screen ) for the new gaskets to be fitted ,it states the damaged was caused with a plastic credit card :thumb

so what do you rekon the chances of me winning the case being as he was present when I cut the rear quarters and I told him exactly what I was doing and why ,and it also took them 3 weeks to notice the damage to the rest of the gaskets ,dam I hate bmw drivers :thumb

Archived