need help

what is the trick to shrinking this film. I can shrink the 50 ceramic with no problem at all. but the 30 is so thick I just cant shrink it right. at first I thougt I had resi film but no it is all the same they tell me. I can dry shrink, wet shrink pocket shrink and none of them seem to work. what is the trick to this film

Seam it. Why keep banging your :fdup ?

Pointless putting these posts up! :fdup

Devil

not at all pointless if it can be done in one piece. and I would much rather do it in one if I can. tintme and tinterjim what exactly do you mean by slow and steady.

I usually heat about 3-4 inches of the finger then move on.

I go around the whole glass and then come back to it.

No real particular patern, just depends on what mood I'm in and how hard the car is.

I agree. Either 1 peice or no peice!! :dunno

Same here. 1 piece or none. I talked to someone today about Huper. The reasoning behind 20 and 30 being tough and 40 and 50 not being so hard is the darker two are 2 layers. the 40 and 50 are 1 layer of ceramic. Use a very light misting of water like you are wet shrinking. Give it a few minutes to dry out as much as possible without getting rid of all the water. I use my slip solution because of the film it leaves behind I am used to. When you shrink take it more in pockets and bubbles then just fingers. heat 6 inches of film instead of the normal couple of inches. Thats the easiest way I know to explain it without giving a full course on shrinking Huper and commercials on auto. this will cure the ghosting problem too :dunno

Archived