Olfa knife

Guest ncinirator

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nautiboi73

what they already said.

Only scratched on window,. it was a new truck, but I was using co workers new blade and didn't have stainless steel blade in it. opps.

Guest SQUEEGEE

One thing that no one else has mentioned is that be sure the glass surface is clean. Not just run a quick squeegee over it clean but free of all dirt and debris.

All you need is to do is get a little dirt between the tip of the blade and glass and you've got yourself a nice scratched piece of glass. :eyebrows

I'd say the actual degree used (10-40 )isn't as important as keeping it as consistant as the pressure used..it's a balance between the 2

eg..you could use a 40 degree angle and press less or a 10 degree angle and press a little bit harder..as long as the "feel" is there

1. pressure

2. length of blade

3. angle held at

:rollin

[*]188662

And glass quality...

I've had my fare share of scratched glass, deep ones! easy on the hands buddy! easy , just lay off the force on it to much and youll be ok.

I snip mine after each door/glass I cut, back window I snip like 2 times or so. :thumbdown

[*]253123

On a full install, I will usually go through 2 full blades, sometimes 3 on say a suburban or the like where I'm making more cuts. Those blades only come to about $.25 cents a piece, and to me it's worth not getting yelled at for scratching a 500 dollar piece of glass or better!!! I haven't scratched a piece of glass since I started snapping blades like it was going out of style. Yeah, I may cost the shop 200 bucks more a year in blades due to my snapping fetish...but the guys next to me that I can remember scratched 3 rear windows last year alone....so which do you think is better?

Archived