Olfa knife

Guest ncinirator

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HeavyBreather
Yup, lay the button under the film, pierce the film with your knife point onto the button, then drag the button as you cut.

A little piece of clear plastic packaging works too :lol6

[*]257230

Ok, Thanks. Thats interesting, I never thought of it. It seems like that would let the blade wander a bit though. I will giv it a try though.

this is nothing new, have noticed this  problem for the last  10 -12 years.

If your buying blades from your dist, save them up and send them back for an exchange.

Have noticed that when buying blades from smaller dist, who probably dont move a lot of tools,

the blades usually lose the edge much quicker.  Use a button or a soft piece of plastic when cutting rears

and qtrs.

[*]253774

Or as someone has mentioned here on TD.com, keep 'em oiled... This would be a good recommend to the distributor, but I can see it now... "Hey, what is with sending me an opened pack of Olfa blades". :lol6

Guest tint rookie
this is nothing new, have noticed this? problem for the last? 10 -12 years.

If your buying blades from your dist, save them up and send them back for an exchange.

Have noticed that when buying blades from smaller dist, who probably dont move a lot of tools,

the blades usually lose the edge much quicker.? Use a button or a soft piece of plastic when cutting rears

and qtrs.

[*]253774

Or as someone has mentioned here on TD.com, keep 'em oiled... This would be a good recommend to the distributor, but I can see it now... "Hey, what is with sending me an opened pack of Olfa blades". :passout

[*]257247

leave the lil piece of paper in the package..it has oil on it. aledgedly enough to last the life of the whole pack. im sure an extra drop in the plastic container wouldnt hurt though

this is nothing new, have noticed this? problem for the last? 10 -12 years.

the blades usually lose the edge much quicker.? Use a button or a soft piece of plastic when cutting rears

and qtrs.

[*]253774

Or as someone has mentioned here on TD.com, keep 'em oiled... This would be a good recommend to the distributor, but I can see it now... "Hey, what is with sending me an opened pack of Olfa blades". :nono

[*]257247

leave the lil piece of paper in the package..it has oil on it. aledgedly enough to last the life of the whole pack. im sure an extra drop in the plastic container wouldnt hurt though

[*]257658

Werd!

Guest privacy_tinting_uk

wow wtf are you guys thinking using an olfa around the backscreens? why dont you use a 10a scalpel and turn the blade to face you, all you need to do is make a small incision and hey presto, keep a nice angle and the film cuts with no damage to glass..........

change the blade after every car :lol2

with love from the u.k(if you need pics let us know)

Archived