For those of you that DON'T pull panels

I'm curious as to what you do when a car comes to you that has to be "felted"on plastic gaskets :lol6

1. make an exception and pull the panels

2. turn the car away

3. don't give a shoit and do it anyways

4. ancient chinese secret and keeping it that way

5. ancient chinese secret and will share

6. what's the heck is "felting" :lol6

Just a thought I had while reading another post :lol6

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest metint

Guess since I don't tint on a regular basis, I'd say #2 & #3...

6. what's the heck is "felting"

When I first read this I thought it said 'feltching' (felching)... :lol6:lol6

Guest areyouthetintguy?

ok,what would u do in my situation.NONE of the shops out here put felt on gaskets that need it..so when I mentioned to customers and told about added ex[pense to do it,,they looked at me like I was crazy and trying to rob them..after losing quite a few customers because of this I decided not to mention anything about felting to anyone...I have been lucky and have not had any complaints to date about scratching ..except for 2 saturns and they were at the dealership and they handled it...so what would u do?

Guest areyouthetintguy?

my new attitude is that I cannot educate the world and always try to "do the right thing",,I have to keep my business flowing and sorry to say if noone else is felting,,well then neither am I...I DO give a damn good tint job at a respectable price...

It's a 1/2 hour job for the trainee so we just do it anyway. We don't tell the customer as half of the customers around here would have a heart attack if they knew we took their panels off.

Were not qualified to dismantle their car, they would rather the apprentice at the dealer do it :lol6

Archived