96 LINCOLN TOWN CAR (VINYL TOP)

tint_audiopros

THIS CAR WASN'T VERY FUN, VINYL OVERLAPPED REAR WINDOW & ONE SIDE ON REAR ROLL DOWNS. VERY CAREFUL CUTTING ON THIS CAR, CHARGE OUT THE AZZ ($250-UP). DO YOUR NORMAL DRY SHRINK (CAREFULLY) CUT ABOUT 1/2" BIGGER ALL AROUND. WHEN CUTTING OUT FOR DEFROSTER HOOK UPS, LOOK AT YOUR CUT YOU MAY HAVE TO POSITION THE FILM HIGHER OR LOWER SO YOU DONT HAVE A LIGHT LEAK. AFTER YOU HAVE INSTALLED FILM, IT WILL NEED SOME HEAT. NOT TOO MUCH YOU WILL BURN UP THE VINYL. THIS CAR SUCKS :rollin [/size][/font][/font][/b][/b][/b]

These aren't bad at all..just use 2" masking tape (double layer)around the perimeter..that'll iliminate the burning of the vinyl top. use a china marker(grease pen ) instead of your olfa if your afraid of cutting vinyl. Then trace it with knife once it's removed away from car (over cut it a bit if you desire no light gaps) :rollin

All 4 doors on these vehicles also have to be heat formed!

I just did a 97' and only the fronts needed shrinking. I charged more for this one, but not enough. I had to pop panels, pull seals, remove 3rd brake light and had to tape off the felt.

Those rear rollups took awhile, since both eges of the glass are exposed when rolled down. I got them with gaps equal to the top edge on both sides, looked nice. I traced the bg with a marker and then adjusted my trim for no light gaps, but that little bg still took about an hour.

Oh, i forgot, there are "three" defrosters tabs to cut around to make it even more fun.

These aren't bad at all..just use 2" masking tape (double layer)around the perimeter..that'll iliminate the burning of the vinyl top. use a china marker(grease pen ) instead of your olfa if your afraid of cutting vinyl. Then trace it with knife once it's removed away from car (over cut it a bit if you desire no light gaps) :lol2

:thumb All the cars that have tops like this i'll mark it with a china marker and cut it on my peel board! Good idea with the masking tape TW!!!!! :poop

Archived