pa tint laws

pierce8468

PA legislators need only open their ears, minds and doors to the film industry to get help fashioning a law appealing to both sides. But it must start with PA tinters and distributors... aka constituents... :lol6

as you may or may not know... there are two pro-film bills proposed to adjust this "legislative confusion." my distributor has been quite active in getting the word out and info on who to contact and how. :shock

through this contact one of the proposed bills was switched from anti-film to pro-film. :dunno

under both proposed bills, all vehicles would have the same regulations as the MPV/SUV/Pickup group (nothing on the front, anything on the back) IMHO that's a silly regulation. I'd rather see PA have Maryland's laws. but I'll take it, as it's better than what we have now.

for the record, I understand the only real difference between the two proposed bills is the balance of fines (consumer/installer) for illegally installed tint.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's kewl... any pro film law is a leap forward... :lol6

You got that right. :rollin

The laws in this :rollin state seem to vary from one month to the next in my own opinion. Some people get hammered with film, and some do not. It angers me that it is a fVckin gamble when you operate a vehicle with film on it (on the roads) in this state. The above statements are correct with the fact that there are a lot of vehicles down toward the city with 5% on every window (except thw entire windshield), and now I am seeing in Reading, that dark % colored papers are the happening thing. I'm just venting that's all. I need a drink :?

Guest solsurfr
The laws in this  :hmmm  state seem to vary from one month to the next in my own opinion. Some people get hammered with film, and some do not. It angers me that it is a fVckin gamble when you operate a vehicle with film on it (on the roads) in this state. The above statements are correct with the fact that there are a lot of vehicles down toward the city with 5% on every window (except thw entire windshield), and now I am seeing in Reading, that dark % colored papers are the happening thing. I'm just venting that's all. I need a drink :thumb

Yep, I see a lot of dark tinted cars in and around my area of Chester County. One would think tint is legal based on that alone :thumb

That form states specificly that you can not have darker than exactly what ive said in my first post. I am not trying to argue at all with you , but if you read that is is completley straight forward and to the point. If you have darker than 70% on any window of a passenger car 98 and newer it is illegal.

Guest solsurfr
That form states specificly that you can not have darker than exactly what ive said in my first post. I am not trying to argue at all with you , but if you read that is is completley straight forward and to the point. If you have darker than 70% on any window of a passenger car 98 and newer it is illegal.

I'm not arguing either and I'm glad you brought this up because I felt PA law was vague and it seemed some people agreed. This brings up an interesting point though... Are there any tinters out there that do "not" install illegal tint?

Are there any tinters out there that do "not" install illegal tint?

Yes... those that have the ***** to stand up to the consumer and have the where-with-all to earn a decent living while denying access to those requesting it.

I remember a guy coming to my store wanting his glass dark, I said :) not me. Flopped the phone book in front of him and pointed to the phone on the counter... call someone else if you like... he pressed on saying, I don't know you, cash only and no receipt. :whisper I said the mere fact you don't know me is enough. In the event you have an accident and get sued and that we are not chums, you will be pointing the finger my way to get out of losing you income for the rest of your life. He pressed on... I then replied with, I bet you're the the type that knocks down all the women and children to get to the life boat as the ship sinks.

He called me an 'a$$' :beer and left... didn't need his money and didn't want to put my family or my livelihood in harms way by accepting it... tinted legal in South Florida for years...

I don't condone it and at the same time I also cannot hold it against tinters that circumvent the laws in States where the legislators honestly believe in their feeble little minds, they know better about public wants and needs without consulting experts from all sides...

Whew... my 2 cents :)

This brings up an interesting point though... Are there any tinters out there that do "not" install illegal tint?

plenty. and plenty of them on this site. because we're respectable folk. or at least, we want others to think we are.

the fact is: installing illegal tint gives tinters a bad name. and it's better of for everyone if tinters stick to the laws. installing dark film perpetuates the cycle and is detrimental to consumer and legislator opinion of the tinting industry.

I've had people who hear in casual conversation that my husband has a window tinting business and they'll say "oh, I don't like tint... you can't see out at night" or something along those lines.

they don't realise that there are different levels of tint, because they're used to seeing the "kid's hoopties" with limo all around and associating that with what a tinted car looks like (or the crappy, bubbly, peeling, purple installs).

if tinters kept it legal, the whole industry would look better.

but so many tinters that are wet behind the ears come into this business expect to make a killing... for one reason or another it doesn't work out, and then they're scrounging for work... and they start taking every job they can.

then... they go out of business anyway, but their handiwork is still driving the streets continuing the cycle.

Guest tintlawbs

OK...someone please tell me WTF the chasis has to window tinting. Im from PA. And dont tell me some BS about officer safety. So an officer is safer aproaching and extended cab 4x4 with dark tint that has 3 terrorists with AK47s in the back vs a Geo metro hatchback with dark tint. Somone give me a logical explaination what the chasis has to do with windows tint :lol

Also, just today my girlfriends sons friend pulled up to show of his car..had headers and tint installed.

They went for a ride down the road. At a traffic light they switched seats. State police pulls them over. Says tint is illegal. Writes up my girlfriends son a warning to remove tint in 5 days of $105 fine. Now this isnt his car, and the owner is sitting right next to him. Now how F-uped is that? So I guess if the owner does not what to remove his just installed tint job then the friend is resposible? :lol: :lol

:lol

Archived