HELP with dry shrinking

ok im trying to switch my wet shrinking ways to dry with baby powder because it seems like a way better way to shrink to me....so I start shrinking it and all goes well but when im done I get these big horizontal fingers across the window and I dont know how to get rid of them.....so I try to install the pice and it goes in there pretty well but when I get to the last 2 corners it starts not sticking and its like I have to stretch the film to lay it down and then it creases and so forth...anyone have any ideas of what im doing wrong? I thought maby it was because of the big horizontal fingers? or is the film supposed to be like your streching it when its installed?

mike

Guest SQUEEGEE
ok im trying to switch my wet shrinking ways to dry with baby powder because it seems like a way better way to shrink to me....so I start shrinking it and all goes well but when im done I get these big horizontal fingers across the window and I dont know how to get rid of them.....so I try to install the pice and it goes in there pretty well but when I get to the last 2 corners it starts not sticking and its like I have to stretch the film to lay it down and then it creases and so forth...anyone have any ideas of what im doing wrong? I thought maby it was because of the big horizontal fingers? or is the film supposed to be like your streching it when its installed?

mike

You're over-shrinking the film.

Lightly shrink close to your horizontal anchor at first then progressivley shrink more agressively as you get to the edge of the top and bottom of the film.

Guest nautiboi73

try gloves while you shrink. I did and will never go back.

they give you more control over film while u are heating it. (IMO)

I have never enve come close to creasing with gloves on

SQUEEGEE said it already.

you're shrinking it too much, especially in the area in the middle of the window where you locked it down.

that's how you end up with those long horizontal fingers. when I was learning (not that long ago!! :thumb ), I got that a lot, to me they looked like giant smilies, like the back glass was laughing at me. :poke

Archived