UK Tint Laws

Guest DapaaTints

tintwiz, I've had the same thing!!!

young cop wants 35% all round I explain the legality of it all but his response was 'we have more things to get on with without chasing folk for tinted windows!' and anyway,he says 'if I get stopped I have this' then points just above the road tax disc,there is a sticker of the emblem of the police force he belongs too! once they see that I'll be ok!!!

I then explained that if I tint it there is no receipt and if he come's back to book me for it then legally thats entrapment ( I hope thats right??) he was sooooo happy with the job I did that he recommended me to his dad!!!

if your one of the boys you'll be ok if your not then you wont! :thumb

Guest signandtint

and how many of those COPPERS are going to stand beside you in court when you get hauled before the judge on thre grounds that you knowingly 'changed manufacturers spec'.. on little johnny's car that hit a lampost and now he can't walk and his family are chasing your ass because they know you put a tint on the fronts, how many COPPERS will stand up for you and say'it's ok I told him were not that bothered about tinted cars?

1 individuals opinion just because he wears the uniform doesn't make it right, we have had countless conversations with the west mid chief of police over the years, they WILL NOT put their name to anything that lets you ignore written legislation.,

and at the end of the day unless you have written confirmation of something its your word against theirs.

we too have had police officers, young and old come in and insist on front tints.

we won't do it full stop.

the buck stops with you the installer. end of story..

Archived