LLumar or what???

Guest BCCwintint

Like was said above, there's lots of different opinions on which film is best. You have to decide for yourself which one you like. Every film manufacturer generally makes premium films and economy films, I.e., metallized films and dyed films. So in the end it's up to you to choose. The only thing I can recommend is steer clear of the dyed films unless you're doing your brother-in-law's car. :dunno J/K

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JMO I have used the big J for a few years with good results,  but almost everyone will tell you the same about their brand of film!  Like someone said they all have their good and bad lines.  :tt

It's funny E when I get a customer who selects the JWF product over some other make say like Madico, and then I realise just how tinter friendly that make really is. :dunno

No curl for starters and easy to shrink, quick drying...plus I like the unique smell of it.

Devils are into sniffing you know. :dunno

Dev

Guest HeatShrunkSS
yeah maby ill just stick with the sil and exe series from johnson.....I havent had any problems over the years and if its easyier to learn my shrinking with then what the heck....and value is always good :dunno

I"ve used Johnson for about 7 years. Started out using 3M, then I sobered up.........3M is real easy to shrink (too easy, it dies really quick under the wrath of the Wagner).

Madico is really easy to Shrink, but Like I said, I've used JWF prodominantlly and it's my best choice by far.

:tt:dunno

Guest tintfoo

I've been using Llumar AT and ATR since I started learning how to do this stuff about 10 years ago. I've seen it go from good to better over those years and still love it. True, they do keep hiking their prices and that sucks....but I've grown to trust it and that's worth it to me. I don't know if people don't keep their rides long enough for the tint to go bad or if it just lasts, but I very rarely get anyone that comes back with any complaints with the film. The occaisional complaint about normal stuff like contamination but nothing film related. Lately a guy that I help from time to time has switched from Llumar to JWF because of the price difference. He uses the Silouette series from JWF which I feel is fairly camparible to the Llumar ATR. I've gotton used to it now and feel like it's a pretty good film. I personally don't think I'll make the switch, but he's happy about it. Hope this helps.

JC

Guest Sprinter

I have used all of the above films and have settled with LLumar's ATR and PP films.

whats PP film?

used jwf for the price, and if devil proclaims it to be a decent to great film for the money he should know with the uv's in his country!

Archived