help on mazda 6 bg

Guest beektintntexas

I leave alot of overhang on the top so I can heat and strech the film, on the bottom corners I blow my heatgun UNDER the film first to make it curl alittle then heat it like normal.

[*]225979

Yea thats the old strech and blow technique!

No, you don't suck if you have to two-piece a back glass. Hell, before shrinking, we used to do them in five, or more!

If you can do seems that are undetectable, and still get a clean job, it makes you a better tinter, IMO. There will always be those cars out there that just can't be done in one, even with the best, heat-friendly films.

I have one of these today. I don't think it's my first one (hell, I can't remember), but I don't see many. I do not want to do it in two though, takes too much time in my book. I'll let you know.

I don't see a problem with doing this one in one piece. I will admit, it is one of the more challanging BGs to do in one piece, but definitely not impossible.

I didn't even have to employ the stretch method, but I could tell the film was reaching it's limit near the bottom corners. It's certainly not a car I would try in one without plenty of shrinking experience.

Guest De4thMet4LKing00

I would agree and say that the "6" sedan backglass is kinda difficult to shrink in one piece, but I've done at least 6 of them (the ones before, I did in two). I havent had a problem with the defroster lines, however

Archived