Bubbles along defroster lines?

Every get those annoying puckered bubbles along the rear defroster lines after installing film but you don't want to do so much scrubbing with steel wool or whatever?

This is too simple. Turn on the defroster and go watch tv. When it is as hot as it gets rub them down and they stay.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not gonna happen. Remember please the temperature range of the defroster is for ice and fog only. It will not get as hot as a 1200 degree gun because it doesnt need to. Nor does the vehicle need to waste the electrical energy to create that type of heat. It is mild and the heat is uniform because it is a grid. Additionally the windows with those types of defrosters are single pane tempered, not laminated. Whoever told you this I suspect may be "creative". There is only one form of window failure that I have heard of that lay persons attribute to strange causes. I am told it is called a carbon sulfide inclusion. From what I know, this is an area of glass that did not make and though it is clear, it is not actually glass like the rest of the window. It will seperate from the rest of the glass when heated (expanded) and cooled (contracted) enough times to mechanically seperate. Ever heard of a window "Just Breaking"? It is this impurity, but there may be other types, and the glass guys I know don't know about them. It is dumb luck if you get caught with one, but it will probably be only once in your whole career. I am in my twenty first year of this work, and have seen broken windows in every concievable way but not by the method you speak of now.

However, I have set steel wool on fire several times in the back of cadillacs so you be careful!

...I get the odd bubble now and again, mainly in winter :thumb

all I do is run the car for a bit with the rear window heater on towards

the end of the job and they always sits down...I never use the hot air

gun in one place after completion...ever had a rear window pop :lol

...not nice

Archived