Ford Escape

tintnfool

What in the hell were they thinking when they made the back glass?! Good God....anway

I saw a thread on this already but no real advise or tips on it. I will remove the pneumatic arms and cut the holes after laying the film, but what about that lovely wiper motor? Does it need to be removed, or is there enough room to tuck and still get a in there to squeegee it down? And I didn't get a long look and it was from a decent distance, but where the defroster lines start, was it just me or are they out from the edge of the glass about 6 inches or so, if so is the connector tab right in the middle or is it at the top (I'm assuming in the middle, why would I get any breaks on a monday morning?)?

Amazingly, none of us have ever done one, and fun fun it's my first job in the morning. And if all I think is true, I'm not going to be a very happy person for the first part of the day. All well, atleast I have 4 other cake walk installs tomorrow after this one to ease my mind (ford pu, couple neons)

Guest tintgod

hey bud..the wipper motor come off easy..

1. take the wiper off the outside (im assuming you know how to do that)

2. take the cover off the on the inside

3. two 10 mm bolt ..look you will find them..and there is also a reverse tork looking thing...anyway...you have to use a 7 mm on that(make sure you have the ratched on as if you are tightening it...cuz this one is reverse threaded)..

4...after taking off that ..the motor should come off

if you want..you can just loosen up all those bolts and you should be able to get the film in there without taking it off also :thumb

Guest zolar
I use a Conquerer to do the squeege(ing) under the wiper casing saves taking it off.  :krazy

[*]296516

Really?

I cant even get a teflon gold hard card in there.

That is a hatefull back glass!!!!

Z

I do them quite often as I have a Ford dealer in my trade work. I was talking about the old Conquer the thin black and yellow tool.

Fords do suck though no question about that............... :wall

Guest RCOOTE

BUMP :spit:spit

Doing an 05 or 06 escape tonight, R/R 4 roll ups. Any tips for the door panel removal. Like the F-150 with 3 different size bolts holding it on :lol2

Thanx in advance :lol2

Archived