SAME camaro got me:(

ok well that camaro I couldnt shrink before was my buddies and I tried once again yesterday and I could not get it again and I had to 2 piece it.....I was really pissed that I had to but I wasnt going to burn a whole roll of film up for it considering ive already been through 4 or 5 back windows.....but do you guys think it was maby just a wierd window or somthing? it was a 94 camaro z28 and I never have a problem shrinking anything else ever its just that car.....I tried shrinking the top and stretching the bottom but that diddnt work and then I dried dry shrinking it and wrapping everything around to the bottom and I when I was shrinking it I got all of the fingers out to where it was just crinkley (from using my glove) before you go over it with the hard card and then I would try to heat it up and lay it down flat and it just wouldnt have it it would just crease like hell.....well anyways sorry if this is just a newb story but man im just really upset I couldnt shrink this and seeing how you guys do then so easily!

Guest Sprinter
and then I dried dry shrinking it and wrapping everything around to the bottom and I when I was shrinking it I got all of the fingers out to where it was just crinkley (from using my glove) before you go over it with the hard card and then I would try to heat it up and lay it down flat and it just wouldnt have it it would just crease like hell....

[*]256686

at this point did you wet check it ?

comming straight from the dry shrink to hard carding it will not work at this point and thats why you creased it right away.

Guest Sprinter

if you shrink out the top stop there and install it you'll fight the bottom of the window so take it slow if you have a helper that will be good.

now if you can wet shrink this window you will be a head of the game with an easy install.

it won't be your normal wet shrink, use your glove or bare hand and move them fingers till your satisfied and then wet check it to see how it lays down on the glass.

when doing this you won't have to completly lay it all down before the wet shrink.

yeah maby if I had another person it would have went much eaiser.....it was just like the fingers I would get would be massive and it would take alot of heat to get the to lay down...I was using fabric sizer so normally I would go and heat all of the fingers down with my glove and then go back and hard card them to make it lay flush but that SOB was not having it

Archived