The cutting edge

Guest atypicaldave

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That really does look like a badazz cutter. I personally pre-cut everything on our cutting table with our filmhandler...but for those who do cut outta the box, that looks like one helluva setup. :thumb

There's only so much tools and gadgets can do for you, then after a certain point all they do is slow you down and cause more problems than you originally had.

I don't want to thave to remember to put that thing on EACH AND EVERY stinking box of film. Not like the cut has to be perfect anyway when you get it off the roll.

If they want to be creative...they should sell monkeys and robots that are good at removals.

Guest Total tint
There's only so much tools and gadgets can do for you, then after a certain point all they do is slow you down and cause more problems than you originally had. 

I don't want to thave to remember to put that thing on EACH AND EVERY stinking box of film.  Not like the cut has to be perfect anyway when you get it off the roll.

If they want to be creative...they should sell monkeys and robots that are good at removals.

[*]269746

dude I've said several times I wish I had a monkey to do this :eyebrows

Yes I have used it. I found it to be a great idea, but it's hard to keep the cuts consistent. It was designed to cut heavy guage security films, and it slices thru nicely, as long as the film stays exactly flat on the edge of the table. The biggest problem I had with it is moving the film around because you always need the edge of the table to use as a guide. I played around with it one afternoon... slit my hand pretty good on the side of the film (yikes). Oh yeah, read the instructions carefully and don't forget to wear gloves. Here is a good instructional diagram that pretty much explains everything. Hope you can read PDF files, if not, just go to adobe.com and download PDF reader. :DD

Yes I have used it. I found it to be a great idea, but it's hard to keep the cuts consistent. It was designed to cut heavy guage security films, and it slices thru nicely, as long as the film stays exactly flat on the edge of the table. The biggest problem I had with it is moving the film around because you always need the edge of the table to use as a guide. I played around with it one afternoon... slit my hand pretty good on the side of the film (yikes). Oh yeah, read the instructions carefully and don't forget to wear gloves. Here is a good instructional diagram that pretty much explains everything. Hope you can read PDF files, if not, just go to adobe.com and download PDF reader.  :DD

[*]273251

Installed 3000 sf of 15 mil, using this tool and a glass table set up on site.

At 35$, this thing is a gem :DD

Archived