2005 3 series

Guest expertint

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

nice headrest trick :nono I usually end up trying to tint around pesky bmw rests that dont want to buduge because I dont want to hurt the bmw....next time I'll take a hammer to it :nono

Guest Oscar Tint
nice headrest trick :lol I usually end up trying to tint around pesky bmw rests that dont want to buduge because I dont want to hurt the bmw....next time I'll take a hammer to it :lol

good call :evileye

Guest caraudio1

I posted this on another similar thread about the rear headrest. I would suggest with headrest on any car not to use force. I've been in car audio for 20 years working on expensive cars primarily and using force usually causes damage. Most headrest are held in by locking clips or some do snap in. On most BMW's there are little metal clips that lock into notches on the headrest posts. There is one on each post that must be removed to slide the headrest out. If you lift up the front part of the rear deck you can access these clips easily. Depending on the model of BMW this can be easy or take some time. If you are someone who takes pride in your work than it is worth taking the time to remove these clips so that the headrest can be reinstalled like factory once you are finished.

My tint guy and I are always comparing notes on taking cars apart. If you know any good car audio installers they usually know how to take car interiors apart and have learned how not to break things. But good ones are hard to find.

Archived