2005 3 series

Guest expertint

I tinted a 05 325 and it had the plastic seals on it. cool thing is you can pull back the top of the panel and lull the gasket out very easily. no screws or nothing, just some clips.

Guest Rockabilly
I tinted a 05 325 and it had the plastic seals on it. cool thing is you can pull back the top of the panel and lull the gasket out very easily. no screws or nothing, just some clips.

[*]293829

We have an 05 3 series today.

Front gaskets are fine - they already have felt on them.

Rear gaskets have two flaps (you'll know what I mean when you see one), top one has felt, bottom one is hard rubber, so we installed felt on them.

were you able to get the rear headrest out? I just tinted around them :) on the previous model BMW I could force the headrest up and they would come loose, this new body style one didnt seem to want to do that :)

Guest Rockabilly
were you able to get the rear headrest out? I just tinted around them :) on the previous model BMW I could force the headrest up and they would come loose, this new body style one didnt seem to want to do that :)

[*]296706

Rear headrests - the center one would not budge. Left it there.

The left and right hand side headrests were a pain, but with a little brute force we were able to get them out...got to pull them forward HARD when they are up against the headliner, but they eventually worked their way out.

Guest Rockabilly

This was our first '05 model 3 series, so we were making it up as we went along...but thanks for the original tip on just pulling the top of the door panel back...saved a bit of chin scratching and un-needed spannering.

:bling

The left and right hand side headrests were a pain, but with a little brute force we were able to get them out...got to pull them forward HARD when they are up against the headliner, but they eventually worked their way out.

thats cool, I just didnt pull up hard enough :bling I will give it more of a try next time. thanks

:thumb

thats cool, I just didnt pull up hard enough :chick I will give it more of a try next time. thanks

[*]296764

HI -

this is my first post on any your forums, I'm based in Newcastle Australia

to remove sticky headrests from BMW all models - we use a long centre punch on the bottom of the headrest posts (look up from boot area) and tap with hammer

This taps post past lock point

Archived