Mercedes C-Class Sportcoupe

B-C-D-Mike

Hey there,

we just received a complaint... a Mercedes C-Class Sportcoupe was tinted with non-reflective / non-metallized Charcoal from SolarGard. After the installation the radio and the keys (remote control) don?t work any more...

I?ve heared from another tinter here, who had the same problem by a Sportcoupe.

Is it possible, that the rearwindow /antenna is soooooo thin, that the normal cleaning with (stainless-steel) wool damages the antenna????

We never had a similar problem with any other car - but twice THAT problem by a sportcoupe sounds strange....

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Diamond Tints
Hey there,

we just received a complaint... a Mercedes C-Class Sportcoupe was tinted with non-reflective / non-metallized Charcoal from SolarGard. After the installation the radio and the keys (remote control) don?t work any more...

Is it possible, that the rearwindow /antenna is soooooo thin, that the normal cleaning with (stainless-steel) wool damages the antenna????

We never had a similar problem with any other car - but twice THAT problem by a sportcoupe sounds strange....

[*]303641

Is this the compact style c class with the little plastic window if so then yip had the same problem with it Mercedes reckon its just a common fault with these cars if its less than 3 years old then the customer still has warranty on it :)

:?

Hey there,

[*]303641

Is this the compact style c class with the little plastic window if so then yip had the same problem with it Mercedes reckon its just a common fault with these cars if its less than 3 years old then the customer still has warranty on it :?

[*]303797

yes, it?s the compact style c class - our customer gets a new rearwindow - paid by mercedes - but she asked us to tint it again ... well ... :lol2 would be the best :?

Guest Shady
Hey there,

[*]303641

:? I tinted c-class merc the other day and had exactly the same problem. I used sun-gard slate film which is metalized. I had heard of this problem before (where metalized films interfere with the atennas mounted on the glass) and phoned the suppliers of this film who confirmed this is a common problem on this model. They have a similar film which is non metallized that I will be installing instead next week. After reading your post I just hope the problem doesnt persist. Are you 100% sure the film you used is not metalized because this seems to be what is causing the problem. I was aware this could happen because I remember them telling me at CPFilms where I took my tinting course.

Goodluck to us both anyway.

Billy

Guest Shady

Not so long ago a guy came back with his audi A2 id tinted with metalized film, said his alarm goes off all the time since I had tinted it. We adjusted the sensitivity and it was fine. Not sure if the tints had anything to do with it or not.

Billy

Hey there,

[*]303641

The problem is not with the tint, its with the water, I've had it happen once, when you tint the glass with the hatch in the open position, the water goes into the electronic area, and burns one of the electronic parts, which controls the keyless entry and the radio antena. The car I did was at the dealership, and they fixed it under warrantee.

From now on, when I tint these cars, I dont open the hatch, I get in the back seat, like a regular car, tne tint the back glass, this allows the water to flow down, instead of going into the sensitive electronic section.

ok - thanks!

I knew - it?s because of the water or the steel-wool ( don?t know how it?s at your place, but over here we clean especially the brand new cars with steel wool ).

sounds strange to me... what happens when somebody cleans his rearwindow with normal water ? damaged too ??? but ok, it?s mercedes... and their quality is pretty bad :cool

@art of the tint:

thanks for the tip - next time, we?ll tint it the same way as you described!

Archived