Mercedes C-Class Sportcoupe

B-C-D-Mike

ok - thanks!

I knew - it?s because of the water or the steel-wool ( don?t know how it?s at your place, but over here we clean especially  the brand new cars with steel wool ).

sounds strange to me... what happens when somebody cleans his rearwindow with normal water ? damaged too ??? but ok, it?s mercedes... and their quality is pretty bad :cool

@art of the tint:

thanks for the tip - next time, we?ll tint it the same way as you described!

[*]304374

yea and dont use steel wool on new cars ever, what for? what are you cleaning off? trying to shave off the coating on the defroster lines?????

:cool:lol2

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok - thanks!

I knew - it?s because of the water or the steel-wool ( don?t know how it?s at your place, but over here we clean especially  the brand new cars with steel wool ).

sounds strange to me... what happens when somebody cleans his rearwindow with normal water ? damaged too ??? but ok, it?s mercedes... and their quality is pretty bad :cool

@art of the tint:

thanks for the tip - next time, we?ll tint it the same way as you described!

[*]304374

usually when you clean your glass, its just a spritz of windex, not a ton of water going in there, also mercedes have problems with the side glasses as well, never spray too much water in the doors, you may burn the window switches!!

ive done a few mercs for dealership here and never had any probs with burnin switches but then I havent tinted a c-class coupe either...lol  :dunno

[*]304597

It doesnt happen often, just be easy with the water! The c coupe doesnt have a problem with the switches, just the electronics in the back glass. The S Class has the problem with the window switches.

Guest Shady

Just for the record, I have just removed the metalized tint from the rear window and sure enough the problems still there. I booked him in to a Mercedes garage who said the problems caused by water in the amplifiers stuck to the rear window. I have also offered to refund the cost of the tinting and to replace the rear window tint the way 'the art of tint' explained. with a non metalized film to be on the safe side!

Billy.

ive done a few mercs for dealership here and never had any probs with burnin switches but then I havent tinted a c-class coupe either...lol  :bingo

[*]304597

It doesnt happen often, just be easy with the water! The c coupe doesnt have a problem with the switches, just the electronics in the back glass. The S Class has the problem with the window switches.

[*]304714

S-Class -the new one? or the old one ?

We tinted every model - SL, CL, S-Class etc... and never had a problem ...

but it?s always a good idea, being very careful ;)

Guest JerzeeTint

Has anyone tinted the little window on the rear hatch of a 04/5 c230 that is curved to hell? it seems like it is not glass, but rather a plastic type material that I cannot cut on or I will scratch the glass..

Any tips of tinting it?

Archived