Computer Cutting Macine

Guest Reif40

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest metint
I am just wondering if anyone out there could just give me some info on these computer cutting machines? Thanx

[*]305324

Email me at tintrdav@netscape.net, put 'tint' in the subject line and I'll get you some shop numbers who have given permission to hand their numbers out as references to anyone looking into the systems. Not that you couldn't get feedback from the fellow tinters here.

You can call them and get it straight from a tinter's mouth, pro and con, but it really boils down to is what's summed up in the quote box below.

if you have the money to invest they are nice to have. but you should never rely on it to do all the work. make sure you learn your skills first.

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

I use mine only to cut graphics, I'm skeptical on the machines ability to cut the way I could by hand.. too many factors like shifting windows, tight seals and stuff like that to be able to have the machine cut every pattern perfect.

I use mine only to cut graphics, I'm skeptical on the machines ability to cut the way I could by hand.. too many factors like shifting windows, tight seals and stuff like that to be able to have the machine cut every pattern perfect.

[*]332057

Thank you!!! I h@te when guys with cutters say "their" programs cut every window perfect, it can't. The reason I stopped double cutting windows years ago is because alot of times their not exactly the same on both sides, all it takes is one day of every car being off for you to stop doing that.

[*]332057

Thank you!!! I h@te when guys with cutters say "their" programs cut every window perfect, it can't. The reason I stopped double cutting windows years ago is because alot of times their not exactly the same on both sides, all it takes is one day of every car being off for you to stop doing that.

[*]332313

Cars have gotten a lot better for double cutting. I still go back to single cutting side glass if I am doing a vehicle from the '80s or before. All newer stuff I do is double cut, and I haven't had any problems with the newer stuff, but I also cut roll-downs 1/4" wider than visible, giving me a little margin for error that has worked well so far.

Archived