Does anyone use this line?

I Install it every once in a while for another company. What the @#$% is up with the adhesive on that stuff??? Using straight water in the direct sun, and it still slides around the glass. Impossible to get it to set up. (I remeber a thread about a new security adhesive from fti that wouldn't stick, maybe its the same stuff???) Super thick as well. 3mil? Pain in the a$$ to install.

The preformance is ok. Still not near huper's ceramic line. It does have that nice oil slick look to it as well. :homer

Just venting after a frustrating day installing the stuff....

ELITE

I use ths #%# out of it. After using LLumar for years, it was a change that took a bit but the clearity is great. The film is 2mil uses a DPS adhesive. We use a little soap with the water and it sets up very nice. The thing I like the most is that the corners set up great, the best I have ever used. I use V-Kool as well and am tring to get used to a PS adhesive for flat glass. Cars are one thing but using it on Res/Com is a challange. Would be glad to share anything that might help you with the ELITE film

QT9

:dunno

hey a.a.a.,

it's rrrrrrealy not that bad :lol ,

over the years I have installed everything except huper and have been an elite dealer in phx. for 2 yrs. as with everything once you get used to it its great.

and for the stats dont look at numbers use a btu meter you'll be surprised at what is passed as stats . also if you look at elites data in the bottom you will see that the glass thickness is stated (which no other company does) that will give a different reading with glass thicknesses

Guest Readyman

We used it on a chain account ( Walgreens) because it was spec'd. We filmed about 20 locations with it. I hated it because it would stick to everything but the glass, it would also kink easy if you just looked at it the wrong way. All of our installers that used it hated it to. For the money you would be better off with Madico or Solargard.

Archived