Which window film is best quality?

Guest jcronin

Currently researching security stats as well but no one has mentioned V-Kool who also provides a security film now? Problem is as far as stats for Vkool Secure, I can only obtain thickness and price..not very helpful when comparing:(

Any one know where I can find their stats? Huge Thanks.

Currently researching security stats as well but no one has mentioned V-Kool who also provides a security film now? Problem is as far as stats for Vkool Secure, I can only obtain thickness and price..not very helpful when comparing:(

Any one know where I can find their stats? Huge Thanks.

[*]317500

VKool can good for IR Heat films, not sure they are good in safety...What I know for sure - not cheap guyZ....Why can't You use regular LluLlu or something like that? :lol

Like Leo said... Vkool, a private label brand name out of Singapore via who knows where, is an effective heat mirror film.

If it is now being constructed into safety film :lol dry time must be a friggin' nightmare... making installation of it undesirable from an installer point of view in attempting to get ALL the water out from beneath it so it will dry in a timely manner.

It would be no walk in the park for most installation firms.

Look into the brand names that have been around for twenty to thirty years... they're the ones that can provide the service level and a track record of performance you seem to be looking for.

The oldies of the industry are CPF/LLumar, Bekaert/Solar Gard, 3M, Madico, Johnson, FTI/Sungard...

Like Leo said... Vkool, a private label brand name out of Singapore via who knows where, is an effective heat mirror film.

If it is now being constructed into safety film :spam dry time must be a friggin' nightmare... making installation of it undesirable from an installer point of view in attempting to get ALL the water out from beneath it so it will dry in a timely manner.

It would be no walk in the park for most installation firms.

Look into the brand names that have been around for twenty to thirty years... they're the ones that can provide the service level and a track record of performance you seem to be looking for.

[*]317510

So, I have been doing much research!!! Whew.. so I got samples too and tested it out:) Figured I'd share my unprof opinion. Thanks for the installation tip there to, that's exactly what I needed to know.

VKool- True, A private singapore company bought the rights to VKOOL. The company is Globamatrix and they also have the rights to a number of other brands as well but that's who makes the money..Vkool was actually designed and manufactured right in the good old US of A so it is via.. Southwall (who by the way also designed Huper Optic as a medium grade..good performance better price.)

http://www.southwall.com/products.html

http://www.globamatrix.com/company_profile...om_profile.html

What we are discussing here though is security stats right? Now I didn't have a b*mb in my basement but I have a great sledge hammer and it was pretty damn fun...I must say:) I can tell you why Vkool does not publish stats though:) Yup..it was fair, I got a hole through Vkool in 3 strikes.. well okay I didn't, my husband did! It did not shatter at all either so that is awsome. A good feature but nothig I would want to promote as "security film". I also found out it is not ANSI approved... lived up to b*mb tests as a "moderate" security film.

Got my hands on some shatterguard and 3M. Pretty damn impressive. I was only using small samples, in frames but it REALLY worked! I also found this article which pretty much says that 3M is better.

My conclusion is need: I am an energy consultant so obviously my clients are concerned with energy. V-kool is premium product for this purpose but hey, If I have a client who has stronger security needs or added security needs like basement windows or ground floor entrances than I know what I will tell them.

what have I learned? If a company doesn't make stats easy to find...there is probably a good reason for it!

what have I learned? If a company doesn't make stats easy to find...there is probably a good reason for it!

[*]325705

Not necessarily true...

Some of the old players only make their performance stats available to those who sell their film products.

One in search of stats on any product could easily email, phone or fax a given company and depending upon the desire to have sales persons involved, could get information on all testing data.

There really is no big secret... All safety films perform pretty much on an even playing field save those that go that extra length to differ their product.

Let's take 3M for instance... their Ultrashield, touted as 'will not tear', does in fact tear given the right conditions. Though they still retain an edge on performance with this cross weave concept.

Take CPFilms Magnum... they perform well with a thinner adhesive coating weight than the others and with this they have better clarity.

If I were to guess at VKool's safety film... I would say it does contain a solar component from Southwall and here's the guess... is put together by Bekaert. Bekaert is another of the old names in this industry and they too make a good safety film product save some clarity issues with the adhesive used.

Safety film has been in existence for about as long as the industry has. Only recent world events have brought its use into the spot light. No matter what test any person subjects the product to... one can only state that safety film is designed specifically to hold glass fragments to its surface... nothing more, nothing less.

Therefore, no safety film can carry any other warranty of performance save holding onto glass fragments in the event of breakage and solar performance.

Good info you've found and given... :spam

I am an installer here in Florida (Cape Coral) and moved down from Michigan (Coldwater). I have owned my own auto detailing and customizing business for the last 7 years, & have been installing window film for over 13 years now. I have installed or tested just about every brand of film. I just started installing Huper Optik film & put it on my wife's car. Aside from being a little more difficult to install due to being a higher mil. film, it to me is the best out there today. This film at only 50% has a 50% heat rejection, & 30% has over 60% heat rejection! Great for car & even better for savings on your electric bill at home. If you have been looking at different films to put on your vehicle & are looking for the best, check out Huper Optik's site for more info. It is well worth t. We get an average of $xxxfor a 5 window passenger car with Huper Optik film. Worth every penny. That was my 2 cents worth.

Guest VOLTRON

Hanitatek is another brand of safty film that wasnt mentioned, it is not made in the US it is made in Isreal, but the good side about that is they have a hell of a test market to deal with.

They have been around for 20+ yrs and have a formidable line of security films with good specs and a new frame attachment system that is supposed to be a good contender with tha major ones like framegaurd and glass lock I think it is called.

the name of the safty film from hanitatek is saftyzone.

Archived