VOLVO WAGON

Biker

Howdy Yall, Just askin if anyone could give me a tip or two on how to get rid of a few stubborn fingers at the top portion of the back glass on a 01 VOLVO wagon,, I did it in one piece and I tried using the heat and they just really wanted to p1ss me off I guess. Did it last night now the owner is going to St. Louis for a couple of days , I said let it bake in the sun and I'll work on them when he gets back. Would yall suggest cutting away the top three inches and splicing in a piece or ,,,??? Sorry if yall have already went over this a million times already but any sugestions would be helpful ,thanks for this WebSite Tint Dude , it is very Helpful!

spend a little more time shrinking the back glass.  When he gets back use a chisler and slowley push the fingers out, hopefully you can save it. otherwise redo

[*]307770

Thanks, ,,, do you shrink the film on the outside of the glass before the actual install,,and after it is set in place,, or just one or the other? I have tinted on and off since early 90's but have just been introduced to heat shrinking recently...thanks again!!

shrink it on the outside only to the factory edge. if it pops up after its been laid then heat up the outside of the glass and wrap a hard card in a towel and push up with a lot of pressure evenly distributed so not to get adheasive squishing arround and hold it when you get to the top.

I have tinted on and off since early 90's

Well why screw around with it? You probably won't save it now if it is all cooked up so just simply strip it off and redo it with a seam hidden in the top 3"s and you are done.

I just don't get it? Why put yourself through the grief if you don't have the skills yet? :lol2

Ask yourself what have you achieved?

1. A guy who now has to come back.

2. Lost film.

3. Lost time.

4. Agro when you don't need it.

5. Credibilty shot because the guy probably now thinks your expertise is not real flash.

Do it as you always have and you won't have to post here. :rollin Where's the problem?

Devil

Archived