Nightmare bid today

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Solscreen

I wont wait more than 30 days and thats a maximim for paying up, and even then the price goes up straight away if I understand that payment is not on completion, I really cant be assed with being messed about chasing money owed to me.

I go for payment on completion, or it gonna cost em more :evilgrin

Guest striper

I just did 106 panes that were 9 1/2x 9 3/4. I used my plotter with the Tint-Tek flat glass program. I use scrap tint I have saved that I normally throw in the trash (11"wide pieces) v45 film. $6.50 per pane 9hrs to complete. lots of detailed cleaning and never once had to trim at all. just peel and stick.

plotter is the only way to go!!

I had to make a few prototype pieces to finally get the perfect deminsions then it was cake.

I learn 1 trick doing this job, I used compressed air to blow the edges after scraping to get all the dust from edges, then wet and squegee.

Guest windoworx
I think my hands would fall off after a job like that. :thumb? You know of course that a CA tinter would only need 3 hrs for that job.? :lol2

[*]324143

3 hrs of what?

[*]324161

It was a "Tounge and Cheek" comment based on an older post. I posted that it took 5 hrs for me to do 6 skylights 21' high. The reply was I could not work in CA because I took too long.

OK it's old and I will let it go.

Guest metint
  I used compressed air to blow the edges after scraping to get all the dust from edges, then wet and squegee.

[*]324133

I think a vacuum would be best in order to keep eyes clean and safe and keep the room clean as well. :thumb

OK it's old and I will let it go.

[*]324242

Nah... it's not old.... :lol2

You are! :lol:lol Couldn't resist that one. :dunno

Archived